Announcement: LanguageTool 4.8

I’m pleased to announce the release of LanguageTool 4.8. As usual, it is available at languagetool.org. Changes include:

• Error detection updates for Catalan, Dutch, English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, and Ukrainian
  • Spell checker dictionary updates for Catalan, Danish, English, Greek, Khmer, Swedish, Ukrainian
  • Internal bug fixes and updates

A more detailed list of changes is available in the change log.

In LibreOffice, you can use Tools → Extension Manager… and then right-click on LanguageTool to get the update if you have LT installed already.

SHA256 check sums:

d1a8cd289c8d90e1d7356d0caea77f005fe31259f218cd2fc90db234a542d02d LanguageTool-4.8.oxt
b4775e88fd90d6389f86023600c4c0e16a9cc00cfe8f093bf1f0c2bbf2a1904d LanguageTool-4.8.zip

1 Like

Many thanks for your efforts, great work!

Hopefully, there is no bug with language de-DE in this version (command line). On my system, it appearently does not find the hunspell library. With other lanuages as en-GB all is fine.

Matthias

File test.txt contains ‘Test’, here is the output:

java -jar ../LT/LanguageTool-4.8/languagetool-commandline.jar --language de-DE test.txt

Warning: At the moment, your platform (Windows) is not supported by the official XGBoost maven package; ML-based suggestion reordering is disabled.

Expected text language: German (Germany)
Working on test.txt...

Dez 28, 2019 8:28:07 PM org.bridj.BridJ log
INFORMATION: Library not found : hunspell
Dez 28, 2019 8:28:07 PM org.bridj.BridJ log
INFORMATION: Library not found : hunspell
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
	at org.languagetool.MultiThreadedJLanguageTool.performCheck(MultiThreadedJLanguageTool.java:175)
	at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool.check(JLanguageTool.java:755)
	at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool.check(JLanguageTool.java:731)
	at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool.check(JLanguageTool.java:714)
	at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool.check(JLanguageTool.java:673)
	at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool.check(JLanguageTool.java:657)
	at org.languagetool.commandline.CommandLineTools.checkText(CommandLineTools.java:106)
	at org.languagetool.commandline.CommandLineTools.checkText(CommandLineTools.java:82)
	at org.languagetool.commandline.Main.runOnFile(Main.java:194)
	at org.languagetool.commandline.Main.main(Main.java:466)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
	at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.get(Unknown Source)
	at org.languagetool.MultiThreadedJLanguageTool.performCheck(MultiThreadedJLanguageTool.java:172)
	... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.getThrowableException(Unknown Source)
	... 11 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dumonts.hunspell.bindings.HunspellLibrary.Hunspell_create(JJ)J
	at dumonts.hunspell.bindings.HunspellLibrary.Hunspell_create(Native Method)
	at dumonts.hunspell.bindings.HunspellLibrary.Hunspell_create(HunspellLibrary.java:25)
	at org.languagetool.rules.spelling.hunspell.Hunspell.<init>(Hunspell.java:46)
	at org.languagetool.rules.spelling.hunspell.Hunspell.getInstance(Hunspell.java:59)
	at org.languagetool.rules.spelling.hunspell.HunspellRule.init(HunspellRule.java:378)
	at org.languagetool.rules.de.GermanSpellerRule.init(GermanSpellerRule.java:859)
	at org.languagetool.rules.spelling.hunspell.HunspellRule.match(HunspellRule.java:142)
	at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool.checkAnalyzedSentence(JLanguageTool.java:847)
	at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool$TextCheckCallable.getOtherRuleMatches(JLanguageTool.java:1313)
	at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool$TextCheckCallable.call(JLanguageTool.java:1245)
	at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool$TextCheckCallable.call(JLanguageTool.java:1208)
	at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask$AdaptedCallable.exec(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)

I don’t have Windows to test, can anybody else confirm this? What Windows and hardware do you use?

I’ve tried that on two different systems with Windows 7. On one of them, the latest Java version was installed just before.

Matthias

PS. The problem appears both under Cygwin and in a Windows command console, SHA checksum has been verified.

With Windows 7 Professional. 64-bit OS. Java 8 update 231:

D:\lt48>java -jar languagetool-commandline.jar --language de-DE test.txt
Warning: At the moment, your platform (Windows) is not supported by the official XGBoost maven package; ML-based suggest
ion reordering is disabled.
Expected text language: German (Germany)
Working on test.txt...
Time: 20046ms for 1 sentences (0.0 sentences/sec)

D:\lt48>

What information about the hardware do you want?

My idea was that @matze might still be using an old 32-bit machine / OS maybe? I don’t have Windows to test here and currently it seems LT is working on some installations of Windows and not on others.

This is correct. Did forget to mention that both tried machines are 32 Bit.
EDIT: I can try a 64 bit Windows 8.1 only next year.

Till LanguageTool4.7, there were no problems at all.

Matthias

Yes, we have updated the embedded hunspell and 32-bit systems aren’t supported anymore. We should have documented that properly, sorry.

That’s a pity. My “old” 32 bit system at home is only slightly slower than the new 64 bit system at work for normal practical work …

But anyway, thanks again for the nice tool!

Matthias