[en] New British/Indian English Rule (Airplane/Aeroplane)

In British/Indian English the terminology “airplane” is incorrect. The correct terminology is “aeroplane”.

<!-- English rule, 2016-10-18 -->
<rule id="AIRPLANE_AEROPLANE" name="airplane/aeroplane">
 <pattern>
  <token>airplane</token>
 </pattern>
 <message>This expression "<marker>airplane</marker>" is common for American English. Did you mean <suggestion>aeroplane</suggestion>?</message>
 <short>American English terminology used.</short>
 <example correction=''>Team Mini-Max are the world's finest microlight <marker>airplane</marker> kit providers.</example>
</rule>
<rule id="AIR_PLANE_AEROPLANE" name="air plane/aeroplane">
 <pattern>
  <token>air</token>
  <token>plane</token>
 </pattern>
 <message>This expression "<marker>airplane</marker>" is common for American English. Did you mean <suggestion>aeroplane</suggestion>?</message>
 <short>American English terminology used.</short>
 <example correction='aeroplane'>Team Mini-Max are the world's finest microlight <marker>airplane</marker> kit providers.</example>
</rule>

However, I could not flag “air-plane” as incorrect. Please modify the rule and add it to the GIT repository.
Thanks!

@RuleFreak,

Added. Refer to [en] Add AIR_PLANE_AEROPLANE · languagetool-org/languagetool@d7cda04 · GitHub

When you make a rule, if possible, include all the applicable inflections. The rule is applicable to the plural ‘air planes’, You can use ‘postag_replace’ to show the suggestion with the correct inflection (http://wiki.languagetool.org/development-overview#toc17.

I did not make a rule for ‘air-plane’, because it is very uncommon. In the NOW corpus (http://corpus.byu.edu/now/) of 3.4 billion words, I found six instances of ‘air-plane’. (Aside, to find ‘air-plane’ in a grammar rule, you can write <token>air-plane</token>.

We do not have rules for Indian English.Are you interested in developing rules for Indian English?

Thanks for adding my rule to LT.

“When you make a rule, if possible, include all the applicable inflexions. The rule is applicable to the plural ‘air planes’, You can use ‘postag_replace’ to show the suggestion with the correct inflection (Development Overview - LanguageTool Wiki

I will try to understand the implications involved when writing a new rule. I will have to learn a bit further. Please don’t mind I’m just a newcomer in this area. I will definitely try to avoid errors I’m currently making while creating a new rule.

“We do not have rules for Indian English.Are you interested in developing rules for Indian English?”

No. Actually Indian English is no way different from the ancient British English. It’s just a re-named British English with a few local terminologies appended to it like ‘Bazar’, ‘Guru’, and some Indian names. Besides, it’s just British English. So, I do not need to pay effort to create rules for the Indian English separately.

Airplane is incorrect according to British English, an aeroplane is more appropriate. As a result, in India ‘aeroplane’ is correct and ‘airplane’ is incorrect. Similarly the same goes to ‘air base/aerodrome’ etc.