LibreOffice how to install?

Hi Guys,
I’ve just installed the LibreOffice Plugin, but I can not figure out how to use it. There is not menu item in the Tools menu. Language Tool is not shown in Tools–> Options --> Language Settings --> Writing aids.
What is strange that the Disable button is greyed out when I select LanguageTool. Not sure if it is enabled.

What should I do? How can I debug the issue?

Oracle JRE1.8 is installed.
I am using LibreOffice 6.0.6.2 on a Xubuntu 18.04.1 LTS machine.
Both Java and LibreOffice are 64bit versions.
I started LibreOffice from the command line hoping I will get some warning messages, but nothing has been shown.

Have you checked Support : LanguageTool?

Of course. I went through them, but none of the issues were present in my case. (64 bit, java 8, no error message, extension installed etc.)

The other day I ran LibreOffice 6.0.6.2 in Ubuntu 18.04 and it had no extensions.

You probably need to install a Language Pack with the spellers for your language.

Hi Marco,
What do you mean by “it had no extensions”?

The spell checkers are installed (Hunspell SpellChecker). Is there anything else needed? I did not even reach Language Tools Options menu, so I think that it is not installed correctly.

Hello!

What do you see in: Tools > Extension Manager ?

Start LibreOffice Writter or LibreOffice. Click “Tools” [in english, i use the language german] and next "Extension Manager "

Here see you all extensions, which you have installed.

You can use the LanguageTool “Tools” and next “LanguageTool” or the button “F7” on you keyboard.

Sorry for this bad english, i am speak german.

I hope, i can you help

Your Dallun511

Hi,
This is what I see in the Tool menu and in the Extension Manager:

I think it is not installed correctly. The points in the “issues” page did not helped me. I got no warning messages. How could I debug it?

I do not have this menu entry :frowning:

• Deinstall LibreOffice
  • Install new LibreOffice with languagepack (German, English or what do you use)
  • See again in the Extension Manager
  • Are all languagepacks installed?
  • yes, you can install LanguageTool
  • No, you check update for LibreOffice and languagePacks.

Your Dallun511