Marketplace Deployment

Greetings,

I am an administrator looking to deploy the Docs version of this app to my school district. We operate off of a whitelist. Currently I can’t find the Docs version in the marketplace, so I can’t whitelist and deploy it. Would it be possible for you to add it there, or bundle both versions together?

Does the information in this thread help? New install from Google Admin - #8 by rwloch

Thank you for your reply. I actually tried that just before making this post, so I’m glad to hear others had the same idea. It did not work for me though.

This is what happened when I tried to deploy it that way:

Showed up correctly in the whitelist (the “details” link went to the correct Docs version, which normally doesn’t show up in that list through a search)
Showed up correctly in the force-install list
It actually put an icon (blue arrow) within the Chromebook launcher, but it didn’t do anything.
When I opened Docs on that Chromebook, Language Tool wasn’t there.

I checked from a Chromebook, and the Chrome Browser on a Windows 7 PC as well.

It’s difficult for me to help here, as I cannot reproduce this, not having access to the Google Admin console. Can you get support from Google? I will also ping to poster of the other thread to see if there’s an update.

No problem. Basically in Google Admin they have apps divided in two ways- Webstore and Marketplace. An administrator is able to build a list for each of those by using the search function. The other add-ons we use are all listed in the marketplace, so I can search through the console and add them.

The Language tool extension is in the webstore, and I can add that just fine, however it doesn’t work with Docs. The Docs version of Language Tool isn’t in the marketplace, so I can’t search and add it. I’ll give some links here to help give you an idea of what I mean:

Indeed, it seems some extra “publishing” in the market was needed from our side (একটি অ্যাড-অন প্রকাশ করুন  |  Apps Script  |  Google Developers). I’ve done that now, but as it’s the first market release, it needs to be manually reviewed, so it will take a few days before it’ll hopefully be available.

Thank you for your help with this. I’ll let you know how it goes once it’s available.

Could you check if it’s available now? Google told me it should be published, but I still see it as “pending”.

I’m able to find it in the Marketplace section of Google Admin now. I will deploy it tomorrow to a test device and see how it goes.

Seems like it’s working. I was able to deploy it. Thanks again for adding it to the marketplace.