Share language rules?

Hello,

I have a windows 10 laptop with Open Office 4.1.5 with Language Tool 4.3 that I use to first write stories. I run the Language Tool and yes it picks up a lot of spelling errors as it should.

I then cut and paste into Sigil version 0.9.10 and run the Language plugin and it finds even more errors.

So my questions is:
How can I get the rules from these different installs to match? or how can I see the rules for the Sigil install?

Could you post some examples of such errors? This would probably allow us to see the difference. Chances are that Sigil is using ngram data (Finding errors using Big Data - LanguageTool Wiki) and Open Office is not (because it’s not configured).

Below are three examples that Sigil would pick up but Open Office did not.

Col: 209. Context: …nie’s toothbrush one more time and then they >>goes<< off on their adventure. They drive to a smal… NON3PRS_VERB:GRAMMAR: Grammatical problem: agreement error: The pronoun ‘they’ must be used with a non-third-person form of a verb: ‘go’ Suggestion(s): go

Col: 344. Context: …se. After a few minutes a couple of mountain >>goats<< comes into the clearing. They all sat stunne… POSSESSIVE_APOSTROPHE:TYPOS: Possible typo: Apostrophe might be missing. Did you mean ‘goats’’ or ‘goat’s’? Suggestion(s): goats’, goat’s

Col: 535. Context: … us and bolted back into the brush. They all >>looks<< at each other in amazement not believing wha… NON3PRS_VERB:GRAMMAR: Grammatical problem: agreement error: The pronoun ‘They’ must be used with a non-third-person form of a verb: ‘look’ Suggestion(s): look

Thanks

Col 344: I think the real problem with that one is “comes”. it should be either “come” or “came”.

That’s strange, I cannot reproduce with LibreOffice:

I don’t see what could be special about these rules. Or do you maybe have turned them off before and forgot about that?

Those three examples are from Sigil. Open office is not picking them up.

Based on the above output how do I know which rules to turn on in Open Office?

Thanks,

You may be correct but what I need is to have Sigil e-publisher that finds those errors but Open Office does not.
I want both to find the same errors.

Brent

which rules to turn on in Open Office?

Under the “Grammar” tab:
Grammar → Agreement error: Third person verb with a non-third person pronoun
Possible Typo → Possessive apostrophe error

Thank you

Do you know if there is a cheat sheet for other rules that I come across?

Brent

You can browse the rules at Browse LanguageTool Rules: 5,836 matches for English (and use it to search for IDs).