Use Language Tool on my website with Tinymce or CKEditor

Hello,
I have TinyMCE and CKEditor running on my website so that visitors can create documents. I’d like them to be able to use Language Tool also with them. So I was thinking that i would download and implement the clone server from GitHub but I don’t know if that provides the same functionality as the online Language Tool or if there is a better way to implement so that users have the full functionality. I have modified my editors so that they allow multiple languages and would like the full multi-language and full-featured Language Tool for them.

I looked at the Desktop version also , but the comparison page indicates that it lacks features of the online version.

I would much appreciate some thoughts/guidance.

Thank you.

Integrating LT into an online editor will require using the HTTP API - that’s exactly what the form at languagetool.org does. To get exactly the same behavior as on languagetool.org, you’d also need to update LT daily and activate ngrams.

Please share your integration into TinyMCE and CKEditor when done, it could be useful for many people.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your response. Could you tell me where/url to obtain/download the http server? If I understand, I would install the server on my website and the text of the editors would be processed on this local server on my website. I would keep the server updated via the LT daily you provided the link to. What I see there looks like perhaps the full server such as 2017-05-18 22:01 100M in zip form. In addition, I would then organize the ngrams per language on my server for each of the 4 supported languages.

What I originally thought to download is the language_toool_master.zip from Github and then installing Apache Maven and Java 1.8. A friend said to download the Desktop version. So I’m confused about how to proceed.

If I wanted my users to be able to use the full language set though of the online Language Tool, is there a way possibly to do that? Perhaps that would be interfacing the Tinymce, for example, with the online Language Tool. Could you comment?

Thank you so much.

Yes, either way I end up doing the integration I will share and am open to other developers critiques as well.

The server is part of the stand-alone version here: https://languagetool.org/download/LanguageTool-3.7.zip. You can start it as documented here, but actually for testing it’s easier if you just use the public HTTP API. It supports all languages and has the ngrams activated. Being a free service, it has no guarantees though.