Hello, for those who are unfamiliar with Upwork, it is a online platform for freelancers where people can hire them to perform work for a fee.
I have been working as a freelancer on Upwork for a few years now… since about 6 or more months I am unable to use their messenger from their website. I contacted their support a month ago and after a lot of investigation I found out that the LanguageTool addon for Firefox is causing the issue, if I disable the addon then the messenger will work, otherwise it won’t load.
Today I also tried adding upwork.com to the “Disable checking on these domains” list in the extension’s settings, that seemed to have fixed the issue too.
I have no idea what is preventing the messenger from loading from a technical perspective, and since the addon is not open source any more, I can’t debug the issue and potentially submit a patch either
It would be awesome if the developers can take a look at this issue, I can help you acquire an account on Upwork for testing if your registration gets rejected by them (I think they have started to limit the people who can register as freelancers).