Back to LanguageTool Homepage - Privacy - Imprint

Compile error again

(Ruud Baars) #1

There is a new compile error: 'Failed to execute goal bla bla bla (get-the-git-infos) on propject languagetool-core: .git directory not found! Please specify a valid [ditGitDirectory] in your pom.xml.

Problem might be I don’t use git but SVN. Please don tell me I have to move to GIT client, because I had that one time, and all went wrong. Too difficult for me.

(Daniel Naber) #2

Could you try to delete or comment out this part from languagetool-core/pom.xml?

<plugin>
          <groupId>pl.project13.maven</groupId>
          <artifactId>git-commit-id-plugin</artifactId>
       </plugin>

(Your change should not be committed.)

(Ruud Baars) #3

That makes the compiling work again, but if it is needed for the long term, I can not commit anymore.

(Daniel Naber) #4

Just commit the files you have changed except this pom.xml.

(Ruud Baars) #5

Normally I justs do a commit; svn then detects all changes. Would not know how to prevent one to be sent.
This kind if technicalilties annoy me up to the point of giving up entirely.

(Daniel Naber) #6

I guess you commit a folder, don’t you? Then I think everything below that folder will be committed. As the pom.xml is not below your Dutch files, you can maybe just commit languagetool-language-modules/nl/ to commit only your changes.

(Ruud Baars) #7

Except for the occasional changes in segmentation, which is (imho wrongly) not within the language module substructure.
But I see you decided to tie things closely with GIT.

This means the group for LT is more and more a programmers group, and less a language advice community. I had rather see it move the other way.