German rule tests fail for me

Is it just me?

[ERROR] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 7.758 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.languagetool.rules.de.GermanPatternRuleTest
[ERROR] org.languagetool.rules.de.GermanPatternRuleTest.testRules  Time elapsed: 7.437 s  <<< ERROR!
org.languagetool.rules.patterns.PatternRuleTest$PatternRuleTestFailure: 
Test failure for rule KOMMA_ZWISCHEN_HAUPT_UND_NEBENSATZ[1] in file /org/languagetool/rules/de/grammar.xml: Did not expect error in:
  Das ist mal zum Brüllen komisch und mal rührt es zu Tränen.
  Analyzed token readings: [/SENT_START*] Das[der/ART:DEF:AKK:SIN:NEU*,der/ART:DEF:NOM:SIN:NEU*,der/PRO:DEM:AKK:SIN:NEU*,der/PRO:DEM:NOM:SIN:NEU*,der/PRO:PER:AKK:SIN:NEU*,der/PRO:PER:NOM:SIN:NEU*,O]  [ /null*] ist[sein/VER:3:SIN:PRÄ:NON,sein/VER:AUX:3:SIN:PRÄ,O]  [ /null*] mal[mal/ADV:MOD,mal/ZUS,malen/VER:IMP:SIN:SFT,O]  [ /null*] zum[zum/PRP:LOK+TMP:DAT,PP]  [ /null*] Brüllen[Brüllen/SUB:DAT:SIN:NEU:INF,B-NP|NPS|PP]  [ /null*] komisch[komisch/ADJ:PRD:GRU,O]  [ /null*] und[und/KON:NEB,O]  [ /null*] mal[mal/ADV:MOD,mal/ZUS,malen/VER:IMP:SIN:SFT,O]  [ /null*] rührt[rühren/VER:2:PLU:PRÄ:SFT,rühren/VER:3:SIN:PRÄ:SFT,rühren/VER:IMP:PLU:SFT,O]  [ /null*] es[ich/PRO:PER:AKK:SIN:NEU,ich/PRO:PER:NOM:SIN:NEU,B-NP|NPS]  [ /null*] zu[zu/ADV:MOD,zu/PRP:LOK+TMP+CAU+MOD:DAT+AKK,zu/ZUS,I-NP|NPS]  [ /null*] Tränen[Tränen/SUB:AKK:SIN:NEU:INF,Tränen/SUB:DAT:SIN:NEU:INF,Tränen/SUB:NOM:SIN:NEU:INF,Träne/SUB:AKK:PLU:FEM,Träne/SUB:DAT:PLU:FEM,Träne/SUB:GEN:PLU:FEM,Träne/SUB:NOM:PLU:FEM,I-NP] .[./SENT_END*,./PKT*,O]

at org.languagetool.rules.patterns.PatternRuleTest.addError(PatternRuleTest.java:484)
        at org.languagetool.rules.patterns.PatternRuleTest.testCorrectSentences(PatternRuleTest.java:798)
        at org.languagetool.rules.patterns.PatternRuleTest.lambda$5(PatternRuleTest.java:518)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

The German tests (mvn --projects languagetool-language-modules/de --also-make test) actually run for me.

Ahh, thanks, my bad looks like some local changes I had in the core.

The build fails now on one of our servers that compile using Java 8. Could you have a look?

[ERROR] /home/languagetool/languagetool/languagetool-server/src/main/java/org/languagetool/server/InstrumentedAppender.java:[24,34] cannot access ch.qos.logback.classic.spi.ILoggingEvent
[ERROR]   bad class file: /home/languagetool/.m2/repository/ch/qos/logback/logback-classic/1.4.5/logback-classic-1.4.5.jar(ch/qos/logback/classic/spi/ILoggingEvent.class)
[ERROR]     class file has wrong version 55.0, should be 52.0
[ERROR]     Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.

My bad, I ran all the tests and they were successful, but I use JDK17, and it seems logback-1.4 requires JDK11. So we’ll have to stay with logback-1.2.x until we update our min Java version.

BTW as JDK 8 is way past EOL and more and more of the latest jars are compiled with next LTS shall we update min version to JDK 11?

I think this is on the to-do list already for the next few months.

1 Like