Language Tool crashes LibreOffice with Java 7

I just had some trouble with opening LibreOffice after reinstalling my machine. Apparently, the cause of the problem is simple. After reinstalling I ditched the old Java 6 u 29 I had and only installed Java 7. The result was = reproducible crash of LibreOffice directly after opening LibreOffice/Writer. Downloading Java 6 u 30 and doing a side by side installation with Java 7 resolved the problem. Everything is running smooth again.

I suggest to change the wording on the main page to “Requires Java 6” (erase “or later”) until the problem has been addressed.

Machine Configuration:
JRE: Java 7 u 2
Office: LibreOffice 3.4.5 (win32)

Did you see this post?

http://languagetool-user-forum.2306527.n4.nabble.com/Java-7-Language-Tool-Crash-tp4346420p4346420.html;cid=1328739473560-306

Could your problem be the same?

I too am having a lot of problems with LibreOffice 3.4.5 (x86) LanguageTool 1.6 JRE 1.6.30 and 7u2 on Windows 7 X64.
I am unable to obtain the mix of software to run in a stable fashion. Sometimes it works, logoff, log on again and it does not work anymore.
When it fails, most of the time the soffice.bin remains stuck in processes. It is very annoying. I had to remove Languagetool to get back to a stable setup again.
All of the stated recipes have been tried with no probant results.
The instability seems related to the use of Java.

Interesting, the “Use a Java runtime environment” check is set for in my installation.

The list shows both installations of Java:

Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_30

Oracle Corporation 1.7.0_02

The radio-button in front of “Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_30” is checked.

I will try to check 1.7.0_02 and restart LibreOffice. Hmm… It works fine now.

I have no clue what the status of the radio-button was before before I installed Java 6u30. It is possible that my Java 7 installation was not selected at all - same as for the guy in the other thread you mentioned.

I will try to unselect “Use a Java runtime environment” and restart now.

LibreOffice restarted without problems, but as expected I get a notification when I try to use any LanguageTool function:

“LibreOffice requires a Java runtime … blabla… to perform this task…”

Maybe the radio-button was not automatically checked in LibreOffice after installing Java 7.

What version of Java will be used when you check “Use a Java runtime environment” but do not selected any specific version in the list-control below?

(By the way… I is impossible to completely remove the radio-button-check manually.)