I'm having some issues with the Libre Office extension:
- The window size seems to be dictated by how many characters the text line being checked has, which renders you unable to read what the error is, since the text is cut short.
- "n successive sentences begin with the same word". What are those sentences? It doesn't show them. What am I supposed to correct if I'm not given enough information to begin with?
- Things like replacing regular dashes for m-dashes, quotes for smart quotes and so on should have an extra option that offers to fix all occurrences of said errors at once.
EDIT- After using the tool a bit more:
- The checker seems so bent on fixing quotes, spacing, dashes and things alike that it skipped several errors that I'm now only seeing after running the checker on the same text again.
- The checker also showed errors on things that I fixed that it considered a valid correction before.
- Even if the checker goes to quotes, spacing, dashes and such like a moth to a flame, it also missed several occurrences of these as well.
As per suggestions:
- Instead of relying on in the standard spell checker interface from Libre Office, maybe something akin to a diffing tool could be used? Something that displays your entire text on one side with the errors highlighted as you go through them. That would make life easier, especially if you have to rewrite while you check, since that would give you context for the entire text, instead of just what's wrong.