Thank you for your reply. I actually tried that just before making this post, so I’m glad to hear others had the same idea. It did not work for me though.
This is what happened when I tried to deploy it that way:
Showed up correctly in the whitelist (the “details” link went to the correct Docs version, which normally doesn’t show up in that list through a search)
Showed up correctly in the force-install list
It actually put an icon (blue arrow) within the Chromebook launcher, but it didn’t do anything.
When I opened Docs on that Chromebook, Language Tool wasn’t there.
I checked from a Chromebook, and the Chrome Browser on a Windows 7 PC as well.