Back to LanguageTool Homepage - Privacy - Imprint

Optional word forms

(Ruud Baars) #1

In Dutch, it is possible to add an optional hyphen to a word to make it easier to read. This is done a lot where there is no need for it, so I would like to inform the users.
I would not want to remove those words from the spell checker, since it is not a real error.
So what I need is a LT function that accepts a list of:

word<tab>alternative<tab>message

or something like that.

Would someone be willing to create this for Dutch?

(Andriy) #2

Wouldn't SimpleReplaceRule work for that? I does not currently support separate message for each word, but that should be doable if really needed.

(Ruud Baars) #3

The essence is in the message. The words are not wrong, but not the 'desired' form also.

(Andriy) #4

Well in that rule you can adjust the message. But if you need different message for each case that rule class need to be adjusted a bit more.

(Ruud Baars) #5

Not for each case. But most items of simplereplacerule are spelling errors, while this is different. In most cases, the optional hyphen should be dropped; in other cases it is officially unnecessary, but very common and positive for readability.
But I am giving up on this. Like any other addition that needs programming, since there is no Java programmer for Dutch.