Plugin for Fidus Writer

No problem, it happens.

If you want to expand to IE (not edge, I mean IE, then replace DATA URI with an actual image or svg and it would support that as well I think. The reason I chose data uri is so I can generate the images on the fly without including more file dependencies)

As for your other question, dnaber probably knows better but for my use I just used a new line (though my application is different so I don’t know if that will work properly due to start of sentence stuff, but you can probably put a word in parentheses).

Not via HTTP yet: Extend JSON API to accept markup instead of plain text only · Issue #757 · languagetool-org/languagetool · GitHub

And that works in-between sentences, but not within sentences for me.

For now, I simply filter out those matches that touch on non-text content. For the future, I hope to be able to use the annotated text format that will likely be coming in a future version of languagetool.

Actually, I take the last sentence back. We don’t really need to send in markup to LT, and we have more complex cases where we need to use different positions anyway. So we really need to do a mapping mechanism between positions as LT sees them and positions as we use them, and so I’ve added that on our side. That way LT only ever receives text it can check directly without having to worry about markup-islands.