[pt] Portuguese rule contribution/discussion

Yes, it is fixed, thanks. But I found another issues with the word “web”:

— Traduzir software/manuais/sítios web;

and

— Rever/traduzir documentação, textos e o sítio web da universidade.

Is it hard to fix before the official release, or does it require some effort?

Thank you!

Merry Christmas!

@tiagosantos

Sorry for sounding annoying, but if we write “site” in the text it suggests “sítio web” which then flags a concordance error:

Temos os melhores sítios web.
Temos o melhor sítio web.

Could you take a look at it before the official release tomorrow?

Thank you!

@tiagosantos

Hello!

The following sentence doesn’t flag a gender error:

A verdade é que com a problema respiratório o cenário alterou-se.

Is it possible for you to add it to the gender checking part?

This weekend I won’t go to my job since I am ill.

I will try to add some more words to the added.txt.

Thank you!

I can’t check this right now, but I will look into it, ASAP.

The remaining, as you might have noticed, was already handled.

@tiagosantos

Hello Tiago,

I have been adding dozens of POS to words.

For now I am checking the words of the Minho university speller.

After I finish it, I will install your version of the speller and recheck again.

Tiago, I was wondering if in the LibreOffice extension, you could change the text for foreign words from “Estrangeirismo” to “Os estrangeirismos devem estar entre aspas ou ser italizados.” just like the on-line grammar check.

In the add-on for Firefox, it says “pre” instead of “pos” for Portuguese in the combobox:
pre_pos_pt

Thanks!

Just to be sure - the variant is the right one, only its name is wrong? If that’s the case, I can fix it. Please confirm.

@dnaber

Only the name is wrong, since the pt_PT speller that ships with LT is the reform one.

This should be fixed with the next release of the browser add-on, thanks for reporting it.

Many thanks Marco. That one slipped me for years. I had not updated that string when the dictionaries were changed. @dnaber Thank you for handling this.

I took care of the browser add-on, could you check the stand-alone version? It has its own translation file independent of the browser add-on.

Hello guys!

I am new here and this is my first contribution! :grin:

I’ve installed the LanguageTool in my servers in order to use it by my eLearning Platform. Everything is working smoothly and I am very happy.

But I’ve notice that some gender errors in Portuguese are not working as it works on Microsoft Word, for example.

There goes a phrase:

Desta forma é promovida um ambiente de trabalho saudável e com grandes chances de desenvolvimento dos funcionários dentro da empresa.

As “ambiente de trabalho” is a “male” word, “promovida” should be “promovido”, which is the gender rule for male words. This is a Gender Concordance error.

Fixed: [pt] Added rule: id='GENERAL_GENDER_AGREEMENT_ERRORS' · languagetool-org/languagetool@bce53b5 · GitHub

Hey thanks brother from another mother :grin:

So I am using the Language Tool in my own server. How can I update it with your changes?

Thanks!!

Hey Marco, I did it! Thank you my man!

There’s a daily snapshot at Index of /snapshots/, or you could build the sources from github.

1 Like