[pt] "topos de gama" vs "topo de gama"

@tiagosantos

Tiago, I would like to ask your opinion about the subject.

“Telemóveis topo de gama” or “telemóveis topos de gama”?

I want to create this rule.

I am almost sure that the correct way is “topo” e não “topos”.

I searched on Google and the vast majority is “topo”.

:slight_smile:

yes, today is work day, but I have been up since 6-7am to work on my projects.

If you think it is “topo” then please add this rule:

<!-- TOPOS DE GAMA topo de gama -->
    <rule id="TOPOS_DE_GAMA" name="topo de gama">
      <pattern>
        <token>topos</token>
        <token>de</token>
        <token>gama</token>
      </pattern>
     <message>Substituir «topos de gama» por <suggestion>topo de gama</suggestion>.</message>
     <suggestion>topo de gama</suggestion>
     <example correction="topo de gama">Quero telemóveis <marker>topos de gama</marker>.</example>
    </rule>

I sent an e-mail to Yakov the other day and he told me that before submitting new rules to grammar.xml, one should use “SVN Checkout…” to have the most recent file.

I believe that clicking on the grammar.xml and select “SVN update” should have the same effect.

Anyway, I will do an “SVN update” tomorrow and I hope to have some new rules to add.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Great you came back.

My informed guess is that ‘Topo’ (Top) is qualifying ‘gama’ (range) so I believe that the number concordance is made between ‘topo’ e ‘gama’.

I do not know SVN, but you should follow Yakov advice. He seams very knowledgeable.
As a cautionary tale, yesterday, though no harm was done, I have submitted a messy update due to the lack of a single ‘-r’ in ‘git pull -r’ on my local files update.

I have been optimizing existing rules but I have not pushed your other rule yet. Do not forget to include it in your next update, as well as other similar optimization to other rules. I am also pushing today the general gender concordance rules, so today regression tests will be verbose.

What other rule? :slight_smile:

The à-há?

What is the code I should use? I got confused in the other post regarding it.

Anyway, I have been thinking about one more rule to add.

After you give me green light (commit your rules), I will do a SVN UPDATE, then add two new rules and commit grammar.xml.

One of these days I will try to use the tool that tests the rules on the Wikipedia articles, but only for pt_PT, but Daniel said it takes hours to do the testing :frowning:

A few more optimization. Tested on testrules so you can push this:

<!-- HÁ n SEGUNDOS/MINUTOS/HORAS/DIAS/SEMANAS/MESES/ANOS ATRÁS (remove "ATRÁS") --> <rule id="HÁ-ATRÁS" name="há n tempo atrás"> <pattern> <token skip="-1">há <exception scope="next" postag='VM[CIS][CFIMPS][0123][SP]0' postag_regexp='yes'></exception></token> <token regexp="yes">segundos?|minutos?|horas?|dias?|semanas?|mês|meses|anos?</token> <token>atrás</token> </pattern> <message>Com o verbo haver não é necessário usar "atrás": <suggestion><match no="1" include_skipped="all"/> <match no="2"/></suggestion>.</message> <example correction="Há n segundos"><marker>Há n segundos atrás</marker>.</example> </rule>
<!-- À n SEGUNDOS/MINUTOS/HORAS/DIAS/SEMANAS/MESES/ANOS há n tempo--> <rule id="À-HÁ_N_TEMPO" name="há n tempo"> <pattern> <marker> <token>à</token> </marker> <token min="0" regexp="yes">quase|poucos?|alguns</token> <token skip="4"><exception scope="next" postag='VM[CIS][CFIMPS][0123][SP]0' postag_regexp='yes'></exception></token> <token regexp="yes">segundos?|minutos?|horas?|dias?|semanas?|mês|meses|anos?</token> </pattern> <message>Substituir «à» por <suggestion>há</suggestion>.</message> <example correction="há">Conheço a Ana <marker>à</marker> quase 30 anos.</example> </rule>

@tiagosantos

I have pushed both and also added two new rules:

1. topos de gama > topo de gama
  2. premio > prémio

The second one works like this:
“Vem receber O TEU/MEU/SEU/VOSSO/NOSSO PREMIO”
and it suggests to replace “premio” with “prémio”.

However, “premio” is not in the Minho University speller, so I added it to the spelling.txt but it will only work in the stand-alone tool and in the browser add-on since I believe that LanguageTool can’t overcome the real speller in LibreOffice/OpenOffice.

I checked for “premio” in Priberam and MS Office 2016 and it is a valid word, the verb “premiar” (on Priberam site (FLIP on-line) you can select the conjugate option and write there “premiar” and it will appear in the list).

To be even more sure, I right-clicked on MS Office 2016 and saw it has several synonyms.

You may want to rephrase that because it really sounds like advertisement.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Source: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/17976-if-you-know-the-enemy-and-know-yourself-you-need

EDIT: The Art of War is one of the most important and sold management books today