Better personal dictionary handling for google chrome

Hi!

I’ve been using language tool extensively on google chrome in the last weeks since I discovered it.
I’m using it specially to write emails on work, so the name of my company appears several times a day and I’d like to be able to tell the corrector that’s a name and how it’s pronounced (so grammar rules can be correctly applied).

I’m aware there’s the personal dictionary, but I’m interested on adding more semantics to the words I add into it.

Any clue on how to handle this? Should I install the desktop version and edit the dictionaries manually?

Thanks,
Xavier

LanguageTool contains a file en/added.txt where you can add grammar information manually. But doing so won’t improve error detection much. It sounds like you might want to write your own rules to detect errors? That process is documented here: Development Overview - LanguageTool Wiki. Let us know if you have questions about it.

For starters, I was thinking about adding some names, so that (in Catalan) they get properly combined with articles (el, la).

I don’t know if that would need me to compile the tool or write rules in order to do that.
I haven’t been able to find the file you mention (I’ve managed to find where the chrome extension lives in disk, though).

The added.txt is part of the server (“Desktop version for offline use” at LanguageTool - Online Grammar, Style & Spell Checker), not part of the extension. The extension will send its requests to the server specified in its configuration and the server will run all the actual checks.

These words need to be added to the dictionary with a POS tag (or temporarily in this file).

If they are multi-words they go here.

Send me the Catalan words, and I will add them to the dictionary if they don’t cause any undesired result.