Looking for tester for Norwegian

This setting is unrelated to language detection. Have you tried this: A wrong language is detected (e.g. English when I write Dutch) : LanguageTool ?

My chrome settings lists only Norwegian and en_US as languages.

Thanks for the detailed report, I can reproduce the issue now, and I think I understand what causes it. Let me see if I can find a fix (issue).

Could you try again and see if it has improved now?

I will re-enable the plugin and try it for some time again.

Thank you for good support!

Some more feedback.

LanguageTool for Norwegian does not do a good job with compound words. Somewhat like German multiple words can be clumped together.

Here are some articles in Norwegian that explain how this works:

Thanks, I’ve opened a report here. Unfortunately, there’s no quick fix, as we’d have to switch to a slower and/or more complicated approach to make this work. As long as there’s contributor for Norwegian, that’s unlikely to happen.

It is not that difficult to add words. It looks like ‘halloweentegning’ is simply halloween+tegning. (Should it not be Halloweentegning?)
In German, Dutch and Danish (at least) there are constructions part1+s+part2, part1±part2 etc.
It would be possible and relatively easy to find compounds in a large corpus, but still a Norwegian should check them manually to prevent combinations that are technically possible, but not a correct word after all.

Is Norwegian still under development? Anything I can do to help out?

Nobody seems to be working on Norwegian currently. Actually, we don’t have a single XML rule (see Development Overview | dev.languagetool.org) yet for Norwegian, it’s just spell checking.