TinyMCE 4 Plugin

I think these slow re-check times might cause confusion. From the user’s point of view, there should be only one time that triggers a re-check.

No need to check on every char I think, but more like this: after every char, start a timer of 500ms. When the timer finishes and no new character has been typed/deleted, send a new request. Add an exception so that a user who types fast and never pauses also gets checks.

Are we talking about in general do these kind of checks on all content? Or in the case of fixing mistakes?

How about this then for fixing mistakes, as said I’ll have it refresh after each key since at about 1 second. Once 1 second passes it will recheck.

Remember public instance is limited to 10 seconds so they will only get 1 instant recheck.

I was thinking about all checks in general, not just about those in the error spans.

I was thinking for private servers, enable the option for it to check on space or comma. Thus it would check on word complete. But for public servers that is a no go.

What I can do maybe is for public servers make an alternative option where they would have a hybrid type thing using both the browser spellcheck for words then LT for grammar and etc. Or if I can disable browser spellcheck on the fly, overwrite the browser spellcheck when LT spell check comes in. (Unfortunately there is no way to interact with the browser spellcheck directly so I can’t do a full libreoffice like approach)

To demonstrate in a way how a hybrid approach would work:

Notice the first testming is spellchecked while the 2nd one isn’t? The spans highlighted by LT would disable spellchecking on their spans thus use their own while browser spellcheck will do the others.

I think I came up with a good compromise for the time being. I set it up like this:

It will check if you are in the middle of a sentence, and only then will it start the inactivity timer. The inactivity timer is set to 2000ms. So if you are writing a sentence normally, there is no reason for the inactivity timer to be running. And it will process only once you finish the sentence. (I also added a new processing mode option that I was talking about that lets it process after space or comma). But if you are located mid sentence, it assumes you are modifying something and will run the inactivity timer every 2 seconds since last keyup.

This should be a good balance.

As long as I didn’t break anything during this update, I’ll look into the hybrid mode I was talking about.