4K UI scaling + dark mode

On my 4K OLED TV the user interface looks very small. How to run languagetool’ UI at 200%?

How to run languagetool’ UI in dark mode?

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Could you please send a screenshot?

There’s an issue about this at HDPI 4K GNU/Linux scaling · Issue #2970 · languagetool-org/languagetool · GitHub, including a potential workaround. I don’t think anybody is working on that issue, as this UI is basically not maintained. We focus on our browser and desktop add-ons.

ty. Editing /usr/bin/languagetool and adding -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=3 in the following line fixes it indeed:

"$JAVA_HOME/bin/java" -cp $CP -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=3 $GUI_command "${argv[@]}"

Ok, if the standalone UI is not maintained and when I want to use dark mode I would use LibreOffice and here is a tutorial on how to setup a local server so that no data is sent then anywhere and stays private?
Maybe this text under ToolsOptionsLanguages and Locales that says: If you enable this, the data will be sent to an external server. is not correct because the Base URL can be a local server and then no data is sent anywhere?

Yes, if you specify a local server, the data will only be sent to that local server.

Thanks for the confirmation (LibreOffice Writer needs to change the sentence a bit).

I looked at the standalone GUI dir and while there was a commit for Main.java on Nov 2023, I’m not sure this AWT/Swing UI stuff should be maintained indeed (except for logic stuff if it can be reused in newer Frameworks): According to a quick search, Dark mode for Swing/AWT doesn’t exist and custom third party libraries need to be used (some unmaintained already) (a completely new custom look and feel may be possible, but is supposedly a lot of work for the soon to be unmaintained(according to javaclientroadmapupdate2018mar.pdf) AWT/Swing.
Too bad the open source LanguageTool Editor doesn’t support Linux.