À propos de l'ajout de mots dans le dictionnaire - About the word adding in the dictionary

(Re-)bonjour,

Je me demandais, lorsqu’on utilise le dictionnaire en ligne et qu’on ajoute un mot au dictionnaire, est-ce que ce mot est ajouté localement ou est-ce qu’il est automatiquement ajouté quelque part sur le dictionnaire en ligne (dans ce cas, certainement sans être automatiquement admit comme mot juste)?

Par ailleurs, lorsqu’on a ajouté par erreur un mot dans le dictionnaire, comment faire pour le retirer?

D’avance, merci pour votre réponse.

Hi,

I wondered, when we use the online dictionary and that we add a word in the dictionary, is this word add locally or is it automatically added somewhere on the online dictionary (in this case, certainly without being automatically admitted as a correct word).

More then that, when we added a word in the dictionary by mistake, how could we remove it?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi, could you explain what you mean by “online dictionary” and “add a word in the dictionary”?

By using the online dictionary, I mean that I checked: “Use web service when connecting with the local server is not successful” and that I have no local server.
And by adding a word in the dictionary, I mean go over the “+” sign and then click to “add word to dictionary” when there is a word considered as a misspell.

These words get saved locally in “persdict.dat” (somewhere below ~/.mozilla/firefox) once you exit Firefox. You can edit that file and remove words when Firefox isn’t running.

Thank you.
It would be great to have some editing tool where it would be possible to remove words added by mistake to improve LanguateTool. I personally don’t need it, but there are lots of users who are afraid to touch to such files or that would find it too complicated.