About rule editor

Hi, I want to ask about RuleEditor.

I want to use page (Create a new LanguageTool rule) in my web page.

but, It seems like it is made by .gsp(grails).

I downloaded source code(languagetool-community-website) in git hub and try to use only ruleEditor2 page.

I installed grail, groovy and in command line, execute ‘grails run-app’ but it didn’t work…

How can I use this page?? are there any instructions??

and Can I use this page in my web page?

What exactly didn’t work? The editor relies on a Lucene index with example senteces. This can be created with “java -jar LanguageTool/languagetool-wikipedia.jar index-data” from the wikipedia JAR available at Index of /snapshots/

I want to use ruleEditor(Create a new LanguageTool rule) in my local (localhost)

I downloaded “languagetool-community-website” in GitHub - languagetool-org/languagetool-community-website: the website https://community.languagetool.org

after unzip, what should I do to use rule editor in my localhost???

I tried to move ‘languagetool-community-website-master’ to my local server folder and use grails(grails

run-app) but failed both.

“grails run-app” is the correct command but we won’t be able to help you if you don’t tell us what exactly the problem is. What exactly is the error message?

Configuring > 0/1 projects > root project > Resolving dependencies ':classpath
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Task ‘bootRun’ not found in root project ‘languagetool-community-website-master’.

• Try:
    Run gradle tasks to get a list of available tasks. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1.643 secs
| Error Failed to start server (Use --stacktrace to see the full trace)

above is error message.

in languagetool-community-website-master, ‘grails run-app’

and where can I find languageTool-wikipedia.jar?

Thanks for your kind reply.

The JAR can be found at Index of /snapshots/ in the LanguageTool-wikipedia… files. Are you sure you’re using the right version of Grails, namely 2.3.11? You might also need to edit grails-app/conf/BuildConfig.groovy and change the two occurrences of “3.0-SNAPSHOT” to “3.0”.

It was version problem. my grails’ version was 3.0.1… Thanks a lot.

but another probelm was found…

after install version 2.3.11 + setting PATH + modify two ‘SNAPSHOW’, ‘grails run-app’ shows

and run ‘grails dependency-report’ - ‘grails run-app’ shows

It’s because LanguageTool-wikipedia-3.0?

How can solve this error?

Sorry, my advice to change “3.0-SNAPSHOT” to “3.0” was incorrect. Please undo that and make sure the current development LT version is installed in your local Maven repository: for that, check out the code from github as documented at Development Overview - LanguageTool Wiki and call “mvn install -DskipTests”. Then you should be able to use “grails run-app”.

I did undo(SNAPSHOT) and in Development Overview - LanguageTool Wiki, do ‘Source code checkout’, ‘mvn install -DskipTests’ and ‘grails run-app’ but still errors are found.

Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=32m; support was removed in 8.0
| Running Grails application
04/28 11:57:15 INFO org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol - Initializing ProtocolHandler [“http-bio-8080”]
04/28 11:57:15 INFO org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService - Starting service Tomcat
04/28 11:57:15 INFO org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine - Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.53
04/28 11:57:15 INFO org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig - No global web.xml found
04/28 11:57:15 INFO org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Tomcat].[localhost].[/ltcommunity] - No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
04/28 11:57:15 INFO org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Tomcat].[localhost].[/ltcommunity] - Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
04/28 11:57:16 INFO grails.plugin.hibernate3.HibernatePluginSupport - Set db generation strategy to ‘update’ for datasource DEFAULT
04/28 11:57:17 WARN org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.LazyConnectionDataSourceProxy - Could not retrieve default auto-commit and transaction isolation settings
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database ‘ltcommunity’
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1052)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3597)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:3529)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:935)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.secureAuth411(MysqlIO.java:4101)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:1300)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.coreConnect(ConnectionImpl.java:2337)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.connectOneTryOnly(ConnectionImpl.java:2370)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2154)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.(ConnectionImpl.java:792)
at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.(JDBC4Connection.java:47)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:381)
at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:305)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:208)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
04/28 11:57:17 WARN org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.LazyConnectionDataSourceProxy - Could not retrieve default auto-commit and transaction isolation settings
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database ‘ltcommunity’
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
04/28 11:57:17 ERROR org.codehaus.groovy.grails.web.context.GrailsContextLoader - Error initializing the application: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManagerPostProcessor’: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManager’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘sessionFactory’ while setting bean property ‘sessionFactory’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘hibernateProperties’ while setting bean property ‘hibernateProperties’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘hibernateProperties’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘dialectDetector’ while setting bean property ‘properties’ with key [hibernate.dialect]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dialectDetector’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database ‘ltcommunity’
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManagerPostProcessor’: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManager’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘sessionFactory’ while setting bean property ‘sessionFactory’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘hibernateProperties’ while setting bean property ‘hibernateProperties’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘hibernateProperties’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘dialectDetector’ while setting bean property ‘properties’ with key [hibernate.dialect]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dialectDetector’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database ‘ltcommunity’
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManager’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘sessionFactory’ while setting bean property ‘sessionFactory’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘hibernateProperties’ while setting bean property ‘hibernateProperties’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘hibernateProperties’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘dialectDetector’ while setting bean property ‘properties’ with key [hibernate.dialect]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dialectDetector’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database ‘ltcommunity’
… 4 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactory’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘hibernateProperties’ while setting bean property ‘hibernateProperties’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘hibernateProperties’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘dialectDetector’ while setting bean property ‘properties’ with key [hibernate.dialect]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dialectDetector’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database ‘ltcommunity’
… 4 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘hibernateProperties’: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘dialectDetector’ while setting bean property ‘properties’ with key [hibernate.dialect]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dialectDetector’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database ‘ltcommunity’
… 4 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘dialectDetector’: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database ‘ltcommunity’
… 4 more
Caused by: org.springframework.jdbc.support.MetaDataAccessException: Error while extracting DatabaseMetaData; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database ‘ltcommunity’
… 4 more
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database ‘ltcommunity’
… 4 more

I modified ‘grails-app/conf/DataSource.groovy’ development section.(username=“root” password=my passwd)

and how to correct error…?

You need to create a database named “ltcommunity”.

Thanks very much! It did well!

if there another error, I ask you again ^^;. Thanks!