Back to LanguageTool Homepage - Privacy - Imprint

Asd-ste100

(Ray Culp) #1

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to LanguageTool, so this may be a silly question. Does anyone know if an implementation of ASD-STE already exists for LT?

If not, I'm already thinking of ways to batch convert the ASD-STE specification into XML rules for LT.

Ray

(Daniel Naber) #2

Hi Ray, there's a commercial checker based on LT at http://www.simplified-english.co.uk.

(Ray Culp) #3

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. I had happened across the commercial tool you mentioned in the meantime as well. Is there any reason why I cannot simply copy the STE rules (or any other rules, for that matter) to LT myself - other than, perhaps, to save the time and hassle of doing so?

Best regards

Ray

(Daniel Naber) #4

Hi Ray,

if by "copy" you mean "go through the STE rules one by one and express them in LT syntax, as far as possible" then I don't think anything speaks against that other than the time it would take. But I once had a look at the Techscribe files and they are really advanced and there are a lot of them.

Regards
Daniel

(Mike Unwalla) #5

Hi Ray,

I developed the STE checker that Daniel mentioned.

As Daniel says, a large problem will be the time that you need to develop the rules. I used approximately 3500 hours to develop the STE rules in LT, and I used approximately 1000 hours in related projects from which I extracted some data.

Feel free to contact me directly if you want to talk about your project.

(Ray Culp) #6

Hi Mike,

Thank you. I'll send you a personal message.

Best regards

Ray