Asd-ste100

Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new to LanguageTool, so this may be a silly question. Does anyone know if an implementation of ASD-STE already exists for LT?

If not, I’m already thinking of ways to batch convert the ASD-STE specification into XML rules for LT.

Ray

Hi Ray, there’s a commercial checker based on LT at http://www.simplified-english.co.uk.

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. I had happened across the commercial tool you mentioned in the meantime as well. Is there any reason why I cannot simply copy the STE rules (or any other rules, for that matter) to LT myself - other than, perhaps, to save the time and hassle of doing so?

Best regards

Ray

Hi Ray,

if by “copy” you mean “go through the STE rules one by one and express them in LT syntax, as far as possible” then I don’t think anything speaks against that other than the time it would take. But I once had a look at the Techscribe files and they are really advanced and there are a lot of them.

Regards
Daniel

Hi Ray,

I developed the STE checker that Daniel mentioned.

As Daniel says, a large problem will be the time that you need to develop the rules. I used approximately 3500 hours to develop the STE rules in LT, and I used approximately 1000 hours in related projects from which I extracted some data.

Feel free to contact me directly if you want to talk about your project.

Hi Mike,

Thank you. I’ll send you a personal message.

Best regards

Ray