Back to LanguageTool Homepage - Privacy - Imprint

Catching Repeated Words


(spmauzy) #1

Language Tool 1.9 doesn't seem to work well in Microsoft 7 environment. It doesn't catch repeated words, and the grammar functions don't work. Have I done something wrong in setup? I would particularly like to have the repeated word function (to catch "the the") work.


(Daniel Naber) #2

Are you using the stand-alone version? Can you send a screenshot of the problem? Setup is usually quite robust: if it starts, it should work.


(spmauzy) #3

I've got it loaded with LibreOffice 3.63. It shows up under "Tools" as Language Tools. It catches extra spaces, but not repeated words. Should I reload it?


(Daniel Naber) #4

On Do 08.11.2012, 11:45:31 you wrote:

I've got it loaded with LibreOffice 3.63. It shows up under "Tools" as
Language Tools. It catches extra spaces, but not repeated words. Should
I reload it?

Have you checked the common problems at
http://www.languagetool.org/issues/? If that didn't help, could you send me
a small document that exhibits the problem?

Regards
Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de


(SafeTex) #5

Hi

I'm new to the forum so I'm more testing out my ideas and don't take me too seriously

I have Windows 7 and LT .9 too and so tried to check your observation

LT did not spot the error in 'He said that that he knew the man'

But when I looked at the rule that I think you want, it says it spots TWO words repeated

I tried the test again on

He said that he knew he knew the man

and LT reacted correctly

So I wonder if there is a rule in LT to spot what I think you want. (The same word occurs twice in succession ?)

Regards

SafeTex


(Daniel Naber) #6

On Do 08.11.2012, 13:26:08 you wrote:

So I wonder if there is a rule in LT to spot what I think you want. (The
same word occurs twice in succession ?)

Yes, there's ENGLISH_WORD_REPEAT_RULE but it's very simple - it ignores
"that" because "that that" can be correct sometimes.

--
http://www.danielnaber.de


(SafeTex) #7

Hello

I have searched everywhere for the ENGLISH_WORD_REPEAT_RULE with Notepad ++ but I just can't find it.

Can u tell me where it is please?

Thanks


(Daniel Naber) #8

On Sa 17.11.2012, 05:21:30 you wrote:

I have searched everywhere for the ENGLISH_WORD_REPEAT_RULE with Notepad
++ but I just can't find it.

It's a Java rule, it's linked here under "Sourcecode":
http://community.languagetool.org/rule/show/ENGLISH_WORD_REPEAT_RULE?lang=en

Regards
Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de