Back to LanguageTool Homepage - Privacy - Imprint

Could not resolve dependencies for new language added

I tried to add a new language to the cloned copy of LanguageTool and compile. I executed the command below:

mvn install -DskipTests -e -rf :language-xy

The error I got was listed below:

[INFO] YourLang module for LanguageTool … FAILURE [ 0.478 s]

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project language-xy:
Could not resolve dependencies for project org.languagetool:language-xy:jar:5.7-SNAPSHOT:
The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.languagetool:languagetool-core:jar:5.7-SNAPSHOT, org.languagetool:languagetool-core:jar:tests:5.7-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact org.languagetool:languagetool-core:jar:5.7-SNAPSHOT → [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal on project language-xy
: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.languagetool:language-xy:jar:5.7-SNAPSHOT:
The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.languagetool:languagetool-core:jar:5.7-SNAPSHOT, org.languagetool:languagetool-core:jar:tests:5.7-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact org.languagetool:languagetool-core:jar:5.7-SNAPSHOT
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies (LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:269)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.resolveProjectDependencies (LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:147)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.ensureDependenciesAreResolved (MojoExecutor.java:248)

Did I missed something in the test section, or I did not mentioned about the new language elsewhere, so it did not resolve the dependency?

Have you followed the steps at Adding a new Language | dev.languagetool.org? Did LT compile locally before you added your language (mvn install -DskipTests)?

I did, so there were not any problem before. But after 5.6 was released and the snapshot became 5.7, I did a git pull and things changed. I have no idea if there were anything changed got overwritten.

Do you plan to publish your changes? If so, you could put them on a github repo and somebody might have a look and try to reproduce the problem. In any case, you should probably run mvn install -DskipTests before adding any changes.

I will try to do that tonight, when the kids sleep.

I just clone it to my own repo, but never commit them for avoiding messing up the repo.

I cloned a clean copy from the original source, and added only changes as accordingly as listed in Adding a new Language | dev.languagetool.org

The repo are listed here:

I noticed some files in my old project was overwritten. So although this new project cannot run, I think I can find the overwritten files in my old project. Let me double check if the problem was solved after I fixed the overwritten files.