Distracting LT Blue Checkmark Moves During Scrolling

Hello,
I’ve noticed that the blue checkmark, in the composition window in Mastodon, moves up and down as I scroll up/down the page. It actually moves outside the window and is very distracting. link to screen capture here: Home - Vivaldi Social

Side note: Can the LT icon be something other than a blue checkmark - that’s already been taken :wink:
Windows 11
Vivaldi Browser 5.5

1 Like

Does on my Firefox, too.

Hello, may I ask how you were able to install LT on Vivaldi Browser ? Thanks.

Hello. LT just showed up on its own! I had it on Twitter too. No install needed. I have the LT browser extension installed, that’s it, though.

Thanks! I found my answer, I needed to enable the ‘Web Store’ checkbox under Privacy Settings. Only then I was able to install the LT extension.

1 Like

Now even the overlay is unable to stay where it should :person_facepalming:.

By the way, the checkmark issue is still here.

Which website are the screenshots from?

Zorin Forum, but even here :smile:.

I can reproduce this now. But I don’t understand how this is a (significant) issue: you typically click on an error and then accept it or close the overlay again. Why would you click the error and then scroll before accepting or rejecting the error? Am I missing something?

It’s anyway a bug, the user may not necessarily click on the correction immediately. It usually does but if it scrolls down the page it shouldn’t see the LanguageTool overlay following the scrolling of the page. Of course it’s a bug with a low priority right for the reason that you mentioned, because it’s not something that users see every day.

1 Like