Error 500 with LT 6.4 on Ubuntu 22.04

Hello,

I am using LanguageTool on Linux Ubuntu 22.04. I have the add-on version 8.3.0 both on Firefox and Thunderbird. I also use it on LibreOffice and TeXStudio. Everything works well with LanguageTool 6.3 from the snap (I use the local server). However, with 6.4, none of the softwares see the server: “Error 500”. If I check the status of the server with http://localhost:8081/v2/check?language=en-US&text=my+text, everything seems ok both in 6.3 and 6.4.

I ran out of ideas to solve the problem. I would be grateful if anybody can help.

Best regards.

Miguel

Hi Miguel, does this also happen with the latest snapshot? If so, how exactly do you start LT (using what command)?

Hello,

Thanks for the fast answer. Here is return from the test of the server in the screenshot.

I launch it through the command

java -cp /home/mmontarges/Bureau/LanguageTool-20231202-snapshot/LanguageTool-6.4-SNAPSHOT/languagetool-server.jar org.languagetool.server.HTTPServer --port 8081 --allow-origin

This is in a .desktop file that the system launches at startup.

Best.

Miguel

Does it help if you ad --public as a parameter when starting LT? If it doesn’t, please try with the latest snapshot.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your support.

I have made some tests :

• SNAP 6.3 → always works
  • SNAP 6.4 → doesn’t work, even with the --public option
  • Latest snapshot with --public option → works

I’m not sure what that means, as there is not 6.4 release. Maybe it’s a 6.4 snapshot, but not based on the latest LT snapshot. There was a recent bug fix which might make the (real) snapshot work.

I am installing it via the snap library (~ Ubuntu Software repository).