french.dict

Hello,

Where can I find or how can I build french.dict?
Also, how the standalone version can work in french without a french dictionary built in?

Thanks,
-olivier

The French dictionary (french.dict) comes from an external dependency, as defined here: languagetool/pom.xml at be40cfaddc2da0f243ed4420fba49d22319d6900 · languagetool-org/languagetool · GitHub
The source code is here: GitHub - languagetool-org/french-pos-dict: French part-of-speech dictionary
Without the French dictionary, the French checking cannot work.

1 Like

Thank you!

I try hard but I’m still struggling to compile french.dict:

$ ./CreateDictFromLexiqueWithLT.sh
[...]
step 1 ...
step 2 ...
step 3 ...
step 4 ...
step 5 ...
Compiling dictionnaries ...
Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale org.languagetool.tools.POSDictionaryBuilder
Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale org.languagetool.tools.DictionaryExporter
Erreur : impossible de trouver ou charger la classe principale org.languagetool.tools.SynthDictionaryBuilder
mv: rename french_synth.dict_tags.txt to ./french_tags.txt: No such file or directory

Done.

But no french.dict yet. I take any help :slight_smile:

But what is your objective? I don’t understand what are you trying to do.

The french.dict file is distributed with LanguageTool. Download any snapshot here: Index of /snapshots/ (for example LanguageTool-20210607-snapshot.zip), and unzip the file.
The french.dict is inside the file libs/french-pos-dict.jar. You can unzip also this file.

1 Like