The IDE most LT workers use is far too complex for me.
And github is not really my friend as well. I have been experencing too much unexpected and (for me) unsolvable issues committing for LT.
Still, I would like to keep on contributing. I found out a nice way to edit small files from the github web pages, but most LT files are far too large to edit there.
So I am stuck.
Is there anyone here that understand the github command line to show me how to:
- set up a fork of LT (which appears to be necessary, no idea why)
- show me the commands to start a branch for a change
- how to commit that change
- how to make a merge request for it and check the test results
- how to actually merge
- how to discard the merge when it fails
- how to close the change
And how to start the next change…
There are many tutorials around, but all of thise I could find appear to either reference to other unknown github functions, or are too complex themselves.