Help for Italian Spell Checker

Hi, i would like to use LT for autocorrection of chat conversations.
I have already implemented this for the “known” words but i am not able to get suggestions for words added to “added.txt” in resource folder.

Example: the word “tethering”.
I can tell this is not included in LT italian dictionary because if i call getUnknownWords() i get [tethering].

So i add the row

tethering tethering NOUN-M:s

to added.txt

Now i call getUnknownWords() and i get [tethering].

But if i write “tehtering” i don’t get any suggestion.

So i would like to know how to get it spelled by the engine.
Actually, it seems that hunspell is used, even if in the latest answers of this thread:

http://languagetool-user-forum.2306527.n4.nabble.com/Italian-rules-and-dictionary-td4640590.html

Daniel Nabel states that hunspell is not used for italian. If i delete the hunspell folder inside the resources path, the recognition stops, so i am almost sure hunspell is used.

Anyway, can anyone help me in adding a word to be spellchecked?
Thanks in advance
Simone Tomaselli

There was a bug about the suggestions, it should be fixed if you use the latest snapshots from Index of /snapshots/ and put the additional words to spelling.txt instead of added.txt.

Hunspell isn’t used for Italian, it’s just that the folder has a misleading name (well, the data is still from a hunspell dictionary, but it’s not the Hunspell software that is used for Italian).

Regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel.
I replaced all the libraries, but now i get a java error:

Exception in thread “Thread-2” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/carrotsearch/hppc/ArraySizingStrategy
at org.languagetool.rules.spelling.morfologik.MorfologikMultiSpeller.getDictionary(MorfologikMultiSpeller.java:98)
at org.languagetool.rules.spelling.morfologik.MorfologikMultiSpeller.getPlainTextDictOrNull(MorfologikMultiSpeller.java:76)
at org.languagetool.rules.spelling.morfologik.MorfologikMultiSpeller.(MorfologikMultiSpeller.java:53)
at org.languagetool.rules.spelling.morfologik.MorfologikSpellerRule.match(MorfologikSpellerRule.java:96)
at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool.checkAnalyzedSentence(JLanguageTool.java:569)
at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool$TextCheckCallable.call(JLanguageTool.java:914)
at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool$TextCheckCallable.call(JLanguageTool.java:867)
at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool.performCheck(JLanguageTool.java:533)
at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool.check(JLanguageTool.java:484)
at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool.check(JLanguageTool.java:442)
at org.languagetool.JLanguageTool.check(JLanguageTool.java:438)
at com.indra.AIMLBot.AIMLBot.correct(test.java:248)

I cut the error but it happens as soon i call languageTool.check.

Has anything changed in the APIs?
Thanks
Simone

Sorry, my fault (hppc.jar had disappeared from the build path).

Anyway, now the additional dictionary works!

Thanks a lot
Simone