How to use this tool

I want to use this tool as server java application. Can any one guide me how to use this tool?

Using LanguageTool via HTTP is documented at HTTP Server - LanguageTool Wiki

Using the Java API is documented at Java API - LanguageTool Wiki

Let us know if you have specific questions.

i want to use this tool in following manner:

1. this tool will be called from our server to your server and we will pass text as argument.

hence i want URL by which we can request to your tool with text specified as GET or POST parameter and we get XML in return

I want to use it as stand-alone application.

HTTP Server - LanguageTool Wiki in that starting from GUI. I want more information about this

Our public API is documented at Public HTTP Proofreading API - LanguageTool Wiki. If you’re trying to use the desktop stand-alone tool, but make it send requests to our server via HTTP: that’s currently not supported.

thank you for your help. Can you do me one favor that i want to know basic format of XML which is returned as response? (in use for parsing it)
If you can provide link then it will be better.

See HTTP Server - LanguageTool Wiki, it contains a link to the DTD.

Hey,

We are planning to use your tool by running server on our localhost using “languagetool-server.jar” file. We have started and its working successfully but it only recognizes grammar errors and not spell errors but the same text if i use with your remote API call then it shows both of the error. So I want to know is there anything to be setup for checking grammar and spell in our localhost server?

waiting for your reply…

How to validate text from rich text box… means validation of html content?

For spell checking to be active, make sure to use a language code like “en-US”, not just “en”. If that doesn’t help, please post the URL you’re using.

Feel free to dig into the text box and Javascript at languagetool.org - it uses TinyMCE for the text component, but we basically disabled all rich-text features. LanguageTool needs plain text as input, so HTML needs to be filtered first.