Back to LanguageTool Homepage - Privacy - Imprint

Include a category optionally

(Ruud Baars) #1

Is it possible to include a category (test rules) in such a way that if it exists (on development machine) it is processed, but if not there (production) it is not used and does not raise an error?

(Daniel Naber) #2

Can you describe what exactly you want to test? If a category isn’t there, it will not be processed :slight_smile:

(Ruud Baars) #3

When creating rules on my local machine, I only want to commit the correct rules. But since ‘trial’ rules and ‘okay’ rules are in one file, I have to keep on removing the test rules from the grammar file before doing a commit after updating postags or speller.
I am looking for something like :slight_smile:
‘if exist testgrammar.xml include testgrammar.xml’

I could also programmatically change default=on to default =off in the category, but then the rules still get into production, and I do not want that.
And I could program my own ‘include’ program; but I thought maybe more people would benefit from this.

(Daniel Naber) #4

You can create a file called grammar-test-1.xml now and it should be used if it exists and ignored if it doesn’t exist. I have also set it to “ignore” for git so git should not commit it to the repo. Please let me know how it works.

(Ruud Baars) #5

How exactly? Should it be a complete grammar file i.e. including [rules] etc? Do I have to change anything in grammar.xml

(Daniel Naber) #6

Just create that file like grammar.xml but without the rules, i.e. all the structure must be there. Nothing needs to be changed in grammar.xml. You need the latest code as I needed to make changes to make that work.

(Ruud Baars) #7

I understood. It works now, apart from the Jlanguagetooltest (again). If one of the experimental rules creates a hit, the number of hits is bigger than specified in the test routine.

So I commented that out too.

Changed my ‘grammar file rule change checker’ to incorporate the second grammar file, and now it seems to work nicely.

(Ruud Baars) #8

There is one minor thing; locally, the test grammar file is also compiled and tested. So before doing a commit, I will have to rename it, compile and test, and rename back. But that is easy.