I am a frequent wiki editor (such as on Wikipedia). I noticed, that LT is no longer compatible with an extension called “CodeMirror”. It is basically an extension to provide syntax highlighting in an editor – specifically the 2010 Editor on all MediaWiki projects (the software driving a wiki).
I remember LT was working before in this combination, now it doesn’t.
Here’s how you can test it for yourself:
- Open an article in a wiki, eg https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Sandbox&action=edit
- Now, check the top toolbar above the editor (you will see icons to add bolded text, italic text, etc.)
- Click on the pencil icon in the toolbar (which says on hover “syntax highlighting”), to ensure, Syntax highlighting is enabled.
These are the mentioned extensions:
- Extension:WikiEditor - MediaWiki, Repository on GitHub: https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-WikiEditor
- Extension:CodeMirror - MediaWiki, Repository on GitHub: https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-CodeMirror
I use the LT Add-on in Chrome 113.0.5672.126.