Incorrect word 'peoples'

I guess the LT does not show error on the usage of ‘peoples’. Can anyone tell me where can I make this correction? I also found some other similar words that I would like to change.

peoples means we are talking about two (or more) groups of people:
EG
The peoples of country-A and country-B do not think negatively of each other.
has the same meaning as
The people of country-A and the people of country-B do not think negatively of each other.

Thanks for bringing the difference. But I am sure it would not be an issue where I am using it. So I would like to know where and how I could modify it.

The only use-case where ‘peoples’ is directly invalid that I can think of are case names where it refers to the general public. (when specific groups of people are separately involved each group is named as a separate party)

“the people vs” isn’t valid outside of a case name (where the need for party-separation makes “the peoples” invalid), but “vs the people” is (technically, at least) valid outside of that. (increasing the risk of false positives)

EG:
The people of America vs M. Urderer: VALID
The people of America and Canada vs M. Urderer: VALID
The people of America and the people of Canada vs M. Urderer: VALID (but previous one is preferred)
The people of America vs the people of Canada vs M. Urderer: VALID
The peoples of America and Canada vs M. Urderer: INVALID

@nancyntse13,

You can make a grammar rule to find the text.Start here: Development Overview - LanguageTool Wiki

I suggest that you put the rule (and all other rules that you make for your own use) into an external file. Refer to Tips and Tricks - LanguageTool Wiki

Yes, I am already following the external file method for creating my own rules.

Clarify your question. What do you want to know?