Install error - Sun Java: Runtime exception

Hi guys,

I tried to install language tool but it didn’t work: I came across this error: (com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException) { { Message = “unknown error!”, Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0 } }

I am using Ubuntu 14.04, Sun Java 1.8 and the newst LibreOffice 4.4.03. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!
Gerald

Have you checked the items at Support : LanguageTool?

Sure, but nothing has helped. I even uninstalled all other Java installations. Any idea?

Other people get the same error with different software:

http://support.mendeley.com/customer/portal/questions/11325906-mendeley-plugin-not-working-in-libreoffice-4-4-

But I cannot reproduce the problem (LO 4.4.0.3, Java 1.8.0_31, Ubuntu 12.04).

Thanks for your help! I will also try it again. So far, I have tried different Java-Version. But none worked. So I guess it is related to Libre-Office. I will let you know as soon as I have found a solution!

Hi,

I have the same issue. My configuration is Ubuntu 14.10, Sun Java 1.8.0_31 and Libreoffice 4.4.0.3. I have LT 2.7 installed. And it works fine. However, I cannot upgrade to LT 2.8. It shows the same error message:
(com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException) { { Message = “unknown error!”, Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0 } }

If you start LO on the command line and try to install LT 2.8, does it print anything there? If you’re familiar with Linux tools, you might also want to try to start LO with “strace” to get more debugging.

I do have the strace.log file. Where should I send it?

Here is the command line error message:

error
xsltParseStylesheetFile : cannot parse
I/O warning : failed to load external entity “”
error
error
error
error
error
error
error

Also, I found the work around (painful… :slight_smile: ) is to downgrade to LO 4.3.0 and install LT 2.8. Everything works fine. Then I can upgrade back to 4.4.0.

I guess the problem is in the installation process and LO 4.4.0 may change something that breaks it.

Please send it to my contact address at https://languagetool.org/contact/

I got the strace.log but I must admit it’s too much information and I’m not sure what to look for (“languagetool” occurs 19,000 times or so). You might also go to ~/.config/libreoffice, search for any log.txt files there and see if they have useful information. In the end, this is a dialog from LO and not from LT, so the bug/problem will probably be in LO.

Thanks for the tip! I also downgraded LibreOffice to 4.3.5 - and I could install LT 2.7, then updated it to LT 2.8. So it must be connected with LO 4.4 and its installation process, you are right!

I had the same problem with Libreoffice 4.4, Languagetool 2.8 and ubuntu 14.04 and I fixed it by installing the package libreoffice-java-common (which is not installed by default).

Unfortunately, I couldn’t fix that on my desktop, which runs under Kubuntu and KDE.

I have similar issue on Ubuntu 14.04 (fresh install) LO Version: 4.2.7.2 Build ID: 420m0(Build:2)
jb@jb-u14:/usr/lib/libreoffice$ unopkg add ~/Downloads/LanguageTool-2.8.oxt
error
error
error
error
jb@jb-u14:/usr/lib/libreoffice$

LT is visible from LibreOffice extension manager BUT no dictionary works spelling window does not see any dictionary

I’m not sure what you mean by dictionary. LT has embedded dictionaries but we usually don’t show them in the user interface. Also, have you checked the items at Support : LanguageTool?

I know dictionary is embedded. I have Libre Office Writer document opened and in

Options - Language Settings - writing Aids

i see Hunspell spell checker (it came with package) and Language Tool. If both are checked text is spelled, only English available. If I deactivate Hunspell no spelling takes place. It seems LOffice does see Language Tool installed, but it cannot use it. I think there is some installation issue, as indicated by unopkg. I can provide screen shots over email.

So if you check https://languagetool.org/issues/languagetool-test.odt you get no blue underlines? If that’s the case and if the tips at Support : LanguageTool don’t help, please send me screenshots via email (daniel.naber at languagetool org).

Both are underlined blue. However once I change “tree” to “ttree” blue underline disappears and “ttree” is not underlined in in red as typo mistake should be. So Language Tool grammar rules are working, while hared spelling is not. I’ve seen no such case described in issues file.

I can reproduce that, but it happens only sometimes. I guess this is nothing LT can do anything about, it seems to be a LO problem. You might want to submit a bug report at https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/