Japanese support

HI – Japanese is listed as a supported language, however it’s not available for selection in the language drop down. Is it no longer supported?
Thank you!

Ooops, we simply forgot to add it, thanks for letting us know. I have
just added it so you should see it if you reload the page. Please note
that while Japanese is supported, the number of rules is very small.
We’re always looking for people who contribute to LanguageTool - you
don’t have to be a developer for that. You can find more information at
Make LanguageTool Better! - LanguageTool Wiki.

Thank you so much for the quick response!

Hi thanks for this great tool, however japanese support doesnt work for me.

I have a word file full of japAnese text, i pasted it in the standalone java checker u provide,
selected japanese text, and nothing happens.

if i select auto detect language it registers as lithuanian. i also tried saving the word file as plain text w difft encodings, and using the browser plugin version for firefox, but same problem. heres a sample of the text if u wanna try it on ur own machine.

also see the screencap.

please help, this job is urgent, thanks so much!

Support for Japanese is limited, it only knows a few rules:

http://community.languagetool.org/rule/list?lang=ja

Maybe your text contains none of these errors. We’re looking for a maintainer to improve support for Japanese.

What is it you need to do?
Verzonden van smartphone.

“mister345 [via LanguageTool User Forum]” ml-node+s2306527n4641875h11@n4.nabble.comschreef:

Hi thanks for this great tool, however japanese support doesnt work for me. 

I have a word file full of japAnese text, i pasted it in the standalone java checker u provide,
selected japanese text, and nothing happens.
if i select auto detect language it registers as lithuanian. i also tried saving the word file as plain text w difft encodings, and using the browser plugin version for firefox, but same problem. heres a sample of the text if u wanna try it on ur own machine.
also see the screencap.
please help, this job is urgent, thanks so much!

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://languagetool-user-forum.2306527.n4.nabble.com/japanese-support-tp4641138p4641875.html

To start a new topic under LanguageTool User Forum, email ml-node+s2306527n3993201h17@n4.nabble.com 
	To unsubscribe from LanguageTool User Forum, click here.
	NAML