Java problems

Whilst LanguageTool stays incompatible with the latest versions of Java then a large mass of people will never be bothered to us it. Shame

Not sure what you mean - the latest version of Java is version 7, and LanguageTool is compatible with that.

Downloaded the latest version of Java and LT 2.4 but when I tried to run it the Java exception has occurred message popped up. Is there a solution?

What was the error message? Have you checked Support : LanguageTool?

Might be able to give more light on problem…

When I run the standalone languagetool.jar with Java 7-45, I get “Unable to launch the application.”, and then in details…

Error: Could not parse launch file. Error at line 0.

Launch File: PK

Exception: JNLParseException[ Could not parse launch file. Error at line 0.]
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.XMLFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Wrapped Exception: Failed to find the ‘<’ charater that marks the end of a CDATA element. Exception parsing xml at line 0
at com.sun.deploy.xml.XMLParser.skipPCData(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.xml.XMLParser.nextToken(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.xml.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

How exactly do you start languagetool.jar? By double-clicking it? If so, could you please try starting it on the command line like this?

java -jar languagetool.jar

Does that work?

I use Libre Office on Windows. I’ve just tried to download the latest version of LanguageTool (Breton) for Libre Office, but when I tried to include it in extensions I got: “Could not create Java implementation loader”.

In the past LanguageTool used to work for me with Libre Office but not any more. One day when Libre Office invited me to download updates for my extensions the download for LanguageTool Failed with the same message:

I know plenty of other people who have had the same problem, who were learning Breton with me, and just give up.

The message I just got when I tried to update my LanguageTool extention was: “Erreur lors de l’installation de l’extension LanguageTool. Correcteur grammatical Open Source. Le message d’erreur est le suivant : Could not create Java implementation loader L’extension ne sera pas installée.” I hope you can read French.

I have Java 7 update 45 on my computer BTW.

Have you checked Support : LanguageTool? What version of LibreOffice exactly are you using?