LanguageTool 2.6 /LibreOffice 4.2.4.2/Impress/Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit

LanguageTool 2.6 will work with LibreOffice Writer, but it will not work in Impress even though the extension is loaded and enabled.What do I need to do to get it working with Impress. Is there an Impress test file such as there is for LibreOffice Writer?

John

Sorry, it only works for Writer. I last tried to make it work for Impress or Calc a few months ago or so, and I just couldn’t make it work.

Thank you for your reply. I installed your stand-alone LT. If I cut-and-paste sections of my Impress document into stand-alone LT, everything works so it would appear that a program to do a line-by-line cut-paste-check-correct-paste back should work.

John

Has there been any news on this issue? LanguageTool on LibreOffice Impress.

I don’t think so. Probably @Fred.Kruse is the only one who might be working on this currently.

Currently, the extension works only for writer. But it is a great idea to extend it to impress. But I don’t know if it is an easy task to extend the application to other parts of LO or not. I add the idea to my list of projects.

I did some tests. As far as I see, there is no way to extend LT to Impress or other LibreOffice products other than writer. All necessary interfaces are missing. Perhaps this should be discussed with the LO developers.

There is new good news now:

The LT spell and grammar check dialog supports Impress documents since the current LT 5.4-snapshot.

(But no grammar marks will be shown in the document. This will not change till the possibility for markups in LO/Impress are advanced.)