Looking for testers of the new Firefox add-on

Does anybody here use Wordpress with Gutenberg? We received reports of the add-on not working for Gutenberg, but cannot reproduce it yet.

When trying to use my languagetoolplus account I get the message “Es tut uns leid, beim Prüfen ist etwas schiefgelaufen”.

Maybe there’s a typo in your email or password? We’re going to improve the error message for that case.

I don’t think so but I can try again this evening.

Besides, both plugins shouldn’t show the ad for LanguageTool Plus when I’ve connected them to my account.

I get an error on some Wikipedia pages. I suspect the text is too long, but I don’t get any explanation. It would be nice if we could expose a bit more info about the error.
Also, I wonder if in this case we could allow user to check text partially or allow to check the selection only.

Please try version 2.0.10.1 now linked above, it should provide improved feedback.

:+1:

It does work now with the current version.

1 Like

Any news? I’d love to start using this without having to install it every day.

We still need to fix some usability issues, but we’re working on it…

1 Like

Before the release, it is necessary to replace the line in Russian localization from “Пишите как Pro” to “Пишите профессионально” or “Пишите грамотно”
I did not find this line on https://www.transifex.com/dnaber/languagetool/translate/#ru

I still get this problem with version 2.0.23:

I noticed no-break space (U+00A0) gets removed when checking, so the check thinks there’s no space (this one I found on Wikipedia page, e.g. see “1905 р.”)

Yes, it’s because there’s a contenteditable=false around it so it gets ignored:

nbsp

This can probably only be fixed by adding a special case for Wikipedia.