We’ve successfully released a major update of our browser add-on for Chrome a few weeks ago. We’re now working on releasing the same add-on for Firefox, but we need your help to test it!
The new add-on works almost anywhere on the web and it will underline potential issues like this (using Slack as an example):
If you’re a Firefox user, please help us test the add-on and let us know your feedback here. Here’s how to install the new add-on:
- Deactivate or uninstall the existing LanguageTool add-on first, if you’re using it (you don’t have to do this, but it’s recommended)
- Download this file: firefox_language_tool.xpi (348KB, vrsion 184.108.40.206)
firefox_language_tool.xpi (341KB, version 2.0.10) firefox_language_tool.xpi (340KB, version 2.0.9)
about:debuggingin the browser’s address bar
- Click “Load temporary add-on…”
- Select the downloaded file
- Confirm the privacy dialog and the add-on should be ready for use
- Note that directly after installation, it might be required to reload a tab on which you want the add-on to work
- Please note: Due to a limitation in Firefox, the add-on will be gone when you restart Firefox. This is due to the development mode, the final add-on will not have that issue.