This is how I proceeded:
- Specs: Mac High Sierra, Java 9, latest CM and LT versions
- Install Checkmate
- Install LT Standalone app
- Configure LT to start the server with default settings (port 8081). Settings saved, LT closed and restarted
- Configure Checkmate to use the server at http://localhost:8081/ and check document
- In Checkmate I then get the message “Error with LanguageTool server. All LT checks are skipped from this text unit on. Server returned HTTP response code: 400 for URL: http://localhost:8081/?language=de&text=TINY-8” (browser Firefox, but this should be unimportant here)
Okay, this must be some firewall or Mac-specific issue, I assume, or any other setting. But which one? Any hint is welcome.