LT extension not working on Edge after latest update

After the latest update of microsoft Edge, LT web extension doesn’t work anymore.
The extension is active and seems to work perfectly. The Language Tool Web editor fonction correctement.
Do you have any idea how to make it work again ?

It’s the same probleme as Vladislav’s

Thanks

2 Likes

Could you post an example page on which is doesn’t work anymore? Does it work on LanguageTool browser add-on test?

1 Like

Hello Daniel,
Thanks for your message !
As you can see in the images, it works nowhere, not even here in the forum :wink:
I made typos in the images but nothing happens
I think the probleme comes from Edge.
BTW, on LT web editor, it works fine !

1 Like

Are you sure you haven’t just accidentally turned LT off?

Do you use other add-ons that might interfere with LT? We don’t see any other reports about problems with Edge, and the statistics also don’t indicate that there’s a problem.

Unfortunently, everuthing is ON

1 Like

@dnaber i found what happened. I use Edge Dev (developer’s mode) and the problem comes from their last update. I turned back to Edge (normal mode) and everything works fine.
Thanks god, everything is synchronised instantaneously between these two browsers.

Thanks for your help :metal:t3:

1 Like

Glad I found this. Can confirm, I used Edge Dev as well and LT stopped working a few days ago. What’s interesting though is, I went to reinstall Edge Dev to fix LT. I opted to instead install the Canary branch just so everything is completely new. LT worked when I installed it and I was browsing for a good while. Closed my browser and reopened and it’s broken again. Reinstalling does not fix it. Bummer. Guess I’ll either have to use regular Edge or just not use LT. Good find though Kostas!

2 Likes

I’ve decided to use regular Edge that’s 90% the same as Dev version. It’s fine for me. I love LT and it’s part of my business now :grin:
I would love that LT app takes care of more desktop apps like Obsidian and Anytype!

1 Like

We installed the latest dev build from the Microsoft website and couldn’t replicate the issue, unfortunately. We’ll perform a couple of more checks. Did you install the extension from the official Microsoft Edge store? AI Grammar Checker & Paraphraser – LanguageTool - Microsoft Edge Addons

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. I installed it from the official Microsoft Edge store. Today, after a new EDGE update (regular version, not Dev), nothing works. Only in the LT editor on the web, thank God!
Is there an update from your side ?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you are having issues. We cannot reproduce this issue and also don’t have any other user reports that indicate that something is wrong with our Edge extension.

1 Like

Please check if there’s any other extension that might interfere with LT. I recommend disabling all other extensions and then trying again.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, Christopher.
I’ve done everything but not a chance :unamused:

• Disable all extensions and try again…nothing.
  • Delete LT and reinstall it again, once from the Microsoft Store and once from the Chrome store…nothing.
    I think that is coming from my system and the last Windows update. I’m in the “insider program” so probably it comes from there as it can be unstable!

And again, thank you all for your help :blush:

1 Like

I have also noticed the same issue. In my case, all the buttons incl setting button/ Send feedback link does not work. change options and login through extension option page does not work and gives me
You are now logged in
You couldn’t be logged in. Please check your e-mail and password.
2 conflicting hint.

2 Likes

login in extension options page gives me the following error:
options.js:33 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot destructure property ‘apiServerUrl’ of ‘cn.getManagedSettings(…)’ as it is undefined.
at gn (options.js:33:12397)
at dn (options.js:33:12359)
at options.js:33:31117

1 Like

I’m in the same situation as @lutra. Currently, I’m using MerciApp, but it’s only available in French. I would appreciate it if someone could find a solution for LT on Edge.

1 Like

I’ve discovered the solution.

The issue arose following an update to Edge (insider version)—I mistakenly believed it was the standard version.
After deactivating it today, LanguageTool is functioning flawlessly.
The only minor inconvenience was needing to log back into almost all services, such as Facebook, Instagram, and others.

Here is how to do it :
Go to EDGE settings

Then, to About Microsoft EDGE

And then, deactivate the Insider option

Then, it will update the latest version (not insider), restart the browser, reconnect the services and that’s it. Enjoy !

1 Like