MessagesBundle

Where can I find documentation on this file? I don’t understand what it does very well. There’s stuff about categories, LibreOffice, language names,… - I’m lost.

I was looking at categories and trying to find where some of them come from, as I understand it’s not just from grammar.xml, and I can’t find where the distinction grammar/style is made either.

Thanks in advance.

The MessagesBundle files (except the English ones) should not be edited directly, but via webtranslateit.com. Let me know if you want to be invited to it. There’s no documentation, as it’s just key/value pairs for strings that need to be translated.

OK. That means I must have already translated it, I guess, and the strings that aren’t must be new ones. At least, I can see the last string (loExtSwitchOffMessage) hasn’t, so it must be new.

Are the categories in this file special in some way? I found a duplicate category in grammar.xml because it was missing an accent here (Tipograf_í_a/Tipograf_i_a), this is where my doubts started. I’ve corrected the typo in grammar.xml (not submitted yet) and the rules have been merged, so that’s fine.

How do I make a category go in the grammar or style sections (tabs)?

I see now that you already have an account at webtranslateit.com.

Are the categories in this file special in some way?

I’m not sure what you mean by that. But the changes on webtranslateit.com don’t immediately land in our github repo. I usually update them only once a week.

How do I make a category go in the grammar or style sections (tabs)?

Maybe @Fred.Kruse can answer that.