Moving the Wiki

The company where we host our Wiki (wiki.languagetool.org), Wikidot, has not maintained their wiki software for years. Recently, it became impossible to log in without changing your browser configuration (Changes to SameSite Cookie Behavior - A Call to Action for Web Developers - Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog). Without logging in, you can’t edit pages. The situation is not going to improve it seems, so the plan is to move the content elsewhere. Here’s my idea:

• Use GitHub pages and move content from the wiki that’s not outdated over there
  • There will be links from the old Wiki to the new one
  • Use dev.languagetool.org as the domain, so wiki.languagetool.org will stay there for some time
  • The new content is in Markdown syntax. Technically it’s not a Wiki anymore, but it can be modified like any other file in GitHub

I’ll be working on this soon and I’ll send an update here once/if the move is complete.

The Wiki has now been mostly moved to https://dev.languagetool.org - I copied most pages that are still relevant and will set the old Wiki into archive mode.

Is there anybody who knows about LaTeX and can tell whether Checking (La)TeX With LanguageTool - LanguageTool Wiki is still up-to-date and should be copied to the new site?

If you want to contribute to the new site, it’s at GitHub - languagetool-org/languagetool-org.github.io: repo for Github pages and you can send pull requests or ask for write access.

I think it’s good change - when I first saw the wiki, I thought the project is abandoned.

For LaTeX support maybe it will be good to include GitHub - valentjn/vscode-ltex: LTeX: Grammar/spell checker for VS Code using LanguageTool with support for LaTeX , Markdown , and others and for VSCode integration GitHub - davidlday/vscode-languagetool-linter: A from scratch redesign of LanguageTool integration for VS Code. (this is the only actively developed extension).

Do you plan any theme or so? I think it will be useful and it’s common on most Github Pages. At least including link to the source on GH for editing, but also a simple header and footnote will look great :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ve updated the add-ons page.

@Dominique_PELLE Can you confirm LanguageTool - Grammar checker for English, French, German (etc.) in Vim : vim online is still working?

I checked the themes but I didn’t like the default ones, so we’ll do without a theme for now, I guess.