Hi, I'm Alex and I want to include some new rules for Spanish. I already sent a message to Juan Matorrel, the spanish developer, buy he didn't answer, so please, I want you guys to tell me how include the new rules i've written for spanish in the next version of LT.
On Di 02.10.2012, 07:47:57 you wrote:
I'm Alex and I want to include some new rules for Spanish. I already sent
a message to Juan Matorrel, the spanish developer, buy he didn't answer,
so please, I want you guys to tell me how include the new rules i've
written for spanish in the next version of LT.
thanks for your interest in LanguageTool! Here's how to include the rules:
The easy way: just send us your grammar.xml file. Please make sure that you
have made your changes against the latest version (you can get daily
snapshots at http://www.languagetool.org/download/snapshots/?C=M;O=D)
The slightly harder way: check out LT from SVN as described at
http://www.languagetool.org/development/#checkout, make your changes, and
then call "svn diff grammar.xml" to get a patch file that contains only your
changes, and send us that file. This is the preferred way if you contribute
rules regularly, but the first way is okay for your first contribution.
I'm looking forward to new Spanish rules,
OK, I've uploaded my new grammar.xml to this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?81eb98hxocnmwao its a 7zip file contains the grammar.xml so you can review it. Thank you for your help!
The list of rules for spanish includes:
una nueva opción para "En base a"
pronombres "te/té, de/dé, mi/mí"
pronombres interrogativos y exclamativos "qué/quién/quiénes/cómo/cuál/cuáles/cuánto/cuántos/dónde/adónde/cuán/por qué/"
corrección del error "en relación a"
probably i will write new rules for the next weeks
On Mi 03.10.2012, 16:48:06 you wrote:
OK, I've uploaded my new grammar.xml to this link:
Thanks! Some remarks: the "/" and other special characters cannot be used
in the ID, you should just replace it with "_".
I get can error when I run the tests, namely this one:
Incorrect suggestions: [basándonos en, basándose en, con base en, sobre la
base de, en relación con, según, por] != [basándonos en, basándose en,
sobre la base de, en relación con, según, por] for rule EN_BASE_A:[en,
base, a]:en base a on input: Se puede regresar a la zona en base a lo
expuesto por las autoridades.
Could you run the testrules.sh (or testrules.bat on Windows) and see if you
can fix these errors? The correction attribute is optional, BTW.
I see there are some URLs in your comments. Are these useful for the user?
If so, you can add them like this http://etc and they will be
displays with the rule.
Thanks for the remarks! Here's the new grammar.xml file http://www.mediafire.com/?13v4l516n8ac6al I made the changes you suggested me and I added two more rules called "debe de" and "debería de". I ran the test rule and hope everything is OK, it didn't show me any error.
regards from guatemala
On Do 04.10.2012, 12:04:15 you wrote:
Thanks for the remarks! Here's the new grammar.xml file
/http://www.mediafire.com/?13v4l516n8ac6al/ I made the changes you
suggested me and I added two more rules called "debe de" and "debería
de". I ran the test rule and hope everything is OK, it didn't show me
thanks for the update. What command exactly did you run, and what exactly
was the output? I'm asking because I'm still getting an error (Cannot load
or parse '/org/languagetool/rules/es/grammar.xml'...)
Did you edit org/languagetool/rules/es/grammar.xml in place, or did you
copy the file somewhere else before you edited it?
It was my fault, I ran the testrules in the original directory, with no changes, I copied the grammar.xml to other place to modify it and I just forget that.
After checking my .XML, I found many errors,
Here's the FINAL version: http://www.mediafire.com/?51kp1zd6qbp42ws It's a little lighter than the last one because I removed some junk code.
On Fr 05.10.2012, 15:46:42 you wrote:
It was my fault, I ran the testrules in the original directory, with no
changes, I copied the grammar.xml to other place to modify it and I just
thanks for the file, I have now committed it. However, there were still some
problems with some rules that had no examples. The test should have caught
that... I have commented out those rules for now. Could you download the
latest snapshot from
http://www.languagetool.org/download/snapshots/?C=M;O=D and see if the
other rules are active, and maybe fix the rules that I needed to comment
For the tests (testrules.bat) to work, it's important to change the file in
its original place. Also, you might want to use an XML editor which should
make you aware of most mistakes while you edit the file.
Everything is ok, I have added the examples to the commented out rules. Here's the latest version:
I've taken note about your recomendations
On So 07.10.2012, 11:50:03 you wrote:
Everything is ok, I have added the examples to the commented out rules.
Thanks, I have committed your changes. We'd be happy if you become a
regular contributor for Spanish.
Great! I would like to be one. Probably I will add some new rules in the next weeks. Thank you for all.
DEBE_DE rule is scheduled to be removed. Reason is that correct and incorrect use forms are virtually undetectable even with the semantic context because is the author who decides the sense given. In fact, for the examples embedded in the rule both correct and incorrect forms are correct depending on the sense the author give.
You can check it in Museo de los horrores from CVC.
Same thing happens with PRONOMBRES_EXCLAMATIVOS_E_INTERROGATIVOS rulegroup. It's tempting even using exlamation or question marks to locate mistakes but if you think twice you have a probability of 50% hit, or less if the writer is seasoned.
However I encourage you to submit more rules. Please use the Rule Editor in the community site to create rules and post them here.