No LanguageTool Available in Both LibreOffice and OpenOffice

I have LibreOffice Writer version 4.0.6.2 and OpenOffice Writer version 4.0.1 installed on my Windows XP (SP3) computer. I have installed version 2.3 of LanguageTool in both programs but it doesn't work on either one.

Both programs use the Oracle 1.7.0_45 version of Java. Neither has the LightProof extension installed.

I have loaded the LanguageTool Test Document in both programs and the errors are not indicated in neither of the two example sentences in both programs.

In both LibreOffice and OpenOffice the LanguageTool extension is not shown in Tools > Options > Language Settings > Writing Aids > Available Language Modules. There is no LanguageTool submenu item under the Tools menu in LibreOffice but it is shown in OpenOffice.

How can I get the LanguageTool to work?

Did you check the other issues at Support : LanguageTool? Was there any error message during installation? What does the extension manager say about LanguageTool now?

I went through all the items on the issues page without success. There were no error messages during installation. Both LibreOffice and OpenOffice Extension Managers indicate that the LanguageTool Open Source Language Checker 2.3 is installed.

I reinstalled the LanguageTool in LibreOffice and restarted the program. Now it is working in LibreOffice.

I reinstalled the LanguageTool in OpenOffice and restarted that program. I can examine and change the LanguageTool Options but LanguageTool still doesn’t work in OpenOffice.