Picky mode for sentence length rule

I have activated the sentence and paragraph length rule for English, German, Spanish, French, and Dutch, but only in “picky” mode. @Fred.Kruse I’m not sure how this will work together with our LibreOffice add-on. Are you interested in adding a “picky” mode there, too? Or should all rules always be enabled there?

Is “picky” mode a new concept? What is meant by that?

Yes, it’s meant to activate rules that are not so useful (or even annoying) in many everyday situations like chat or email. It will activate rules for typography and colloquialisms that are only useful if you’re writing a paper, or an important business email. These are also situations where you’d accept more false alarms.

To use all rules the office extension runs now in picky mode as default (The RemoteLanguageTool supports also the parameter level, after my last commit).

The office extension runs with another philosophy I think. It is very easy to deactivate a rule by one mouse click (for current session or permanent by save the decision to the config file). So I think It is better to present the user some more rules, which he can deactivate if she or he doesn’t like them.