Problema com a palavra controle e concordância de plural. Problems with the controle word and plural agreement

Bom dia amigos.

Primeiramente gostaria de agradecer pela excelente ferramenta que vocês tem desenvolvido, não desanime e continuem com esse maravilhoso trabalho.

Bom, eu infelizmente estou tendo problema com a palavra Controle na correção gramática em português.
Na frase “É necessário utilizar o controle monetário para a estabilização da economia.” que no meu entendimento está correta o LanguageTool entende que deve ser trocada a palavra Controle por Controlo, está segunda não existe na lingua portuguesa.

O que está acontecendo?

Quanto ao plural o corretor não está encontrando erros na conjugação, vejam o exemplo:

O amigos vão nadar.

Os amigo vão caminhar.

Nas duas frases acima o corretor não localiza erro na conjugação de plural.

Antecipadamente agradeço pela atenção e fico a disposição para qualquer dúvida.

Good morning friends.

First I would like to thank you for the excellent tool that has developed, do not get discouraged and keep up this wonderful work.

Well, unfortunately I’m having trouble with the word controle in correcting grammar in Portuguese.
In the sentence “É necessário utilizar o controle monetário para a estabilização da economia.” which in my understanding is correct the LanguageTool believes it should be replaced by the word Controle Controlo, the second does not exist in the Portuguese language.

What is happening?

As for the plural the broker is not finding errors in conjugation, see the example:

O amigos vão nadar.

Os amigo vão caminhar.

In two sentences above the broker does not find error in combination of plural.

Thank you in advance for your attention and I’m available for any questions.

Hello,

Both forms exist but “controlo” is more used in European Portuguese:

1. FLiP - Dúvida Linguística
    FLIP is the commercial grammar tool for M$ Office. M$ Office dictionary for pt_PT is also made by them.

2. Please look at page 433 of the “Dicionário da Língua Portuguesa 2008” from the publisher Porto Editora. They have written “controle” and it has a note to look at “controlo” and the definition appears in the second.

3. Also look at page 55 of the book “Bom Português” (“Good Portuguese”). It also says that both are valid but “controlo” is more used in Portuguese.

About plural agreement, I still haven’t got a clue about how to code it into grammar.xml.

Anyway, in the next three months after the current release, I want to add lots of rules which require help from the team since I don’t know how to code part of each.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
>Marco A.G.Pinto
---------------