Replacement text always in en-US

Hi,

as stated in the subject line, my ‘replacement text’ is always entered into the document as english(US) language, regardless of the current text language. I’m assuming that this is the default language? This is causing problems as when I then recheck the document it sees the corrected/replaced words/phrases as “en-US”.

I’ve already set all the relevant language options in LibreOffice to my preferred language but to no avail I’m afraid.

Could you give me any idea as to how I should go about correcting this behavior?

Asides from this the LanguageTool is great!!..really impressive!!

Regards,
ciri.

Could you give an example?

That’s ok, got it sorted, problem seems to have been caused by running the LanguageTool without a SpellChecker.

But thanks very much for your prompt reply.
ciri

The online version (2/2/2014) does not offer choice between US and British English => lot of false positive.

Examples:
…our -> or (labour -> labor; colour -> color)
…re -> er (centre -> center)
whilst -> while
arse -> ass

Would you be so kind to enable in the online as choices US or British English.

Thanks

This is on our TODO list, I can’t make any promises about when it will be implemented, though.

The issue is about implementing rules or dictionnar(ies)???

I presume a bit of both.
Regarding specific US or British English, it might be interesting to throw a warning to the user, so that they can decide when writing in “international” English = neither us nor uk specific.
Another idea is to change warning colour or underlinement.

Speaking about ‘local’ varieties, French is amongst them:
Canadian French, French reformed in 1990, Belgian French, Swiss French

Example:
Belgian French : je ne sais pas venir
French: je ne peux pas venir

serviette de bain <-> essui de bain
serpillère <-> lavette
etc.

FYI

We already support British and US English, but it cannot be selected in the web interface yet. You can select between the two when you use the stand-alone version that you can download.

We already support British and US English
Great

but it cannot be selected in the web interface yet
I prefer online, as can be used anywhere, no install

Currently I view as html

English

What about?

English British English US

As English is not the only language with more than once variant, we cannot display them all in the list (it would make the list too long), so we first need to add a second button for those languages that have variants.

Possibly:

As with Google translate (http://translate.google.fr/), I would use a cookie to save the last 3 or 4 prefered ones for fast & easy access.

Here attached an example.

I used as language code Language localisation - Wikipedia

languagetool_select_lang.htm (1.81 KB)

On https://languagetool.org/ we’re using Javascript to turn this standard HTML selection into a popup that’s easier to use, so unfortunately, the grouping you suggest doesn’t directly apply there.

I only see what the browser shows me, I haven’t looked in Git

If I may help, I will, I start to discover

If you know HTML/Javascript, your help is very welcome. The page code is at GitHub - languagetool-org/languagetool-website: DO NOT USE, THIS IS OUTDATED, it requires PHP to run locally.

So far if I see correctly, in the downunder files, to the $checkLanguage = array( one must insert into the array declaration
‘en-GB’ => ‘British Englis’,

To have a presentation such as I proposed, it needs more though, but this would already help.

BR: languagetool-website/index.php at master · languagetool-org/languagetool-website · GitHub
CA: languagetool-website/index.php at master · languagetool-org/languagetool-website · GitHub
DE:languagetool-website/index.php at master · languagetool-org/languagetool-website · GitHub
EO: languagetool-website/index.php at master · languagetool-org/languagetool-website · GitHub
FR: languagetool-website/index.php at master · languagetool-org/languagetool-website · GitHub
IT: languagetool-website/index.php at master · languagetool-org/languagetool-website · GitHub
PL: languagetool-website/index.php at master · languagetool-org/languagetool-website · GitHub
PT: languagetool-website/index.php at master · languagetool-org/languagetool-website · GitHub
Ru : languagetool-website/index.php at master · languagetool-org/languagetool-website · GitHub