(-) temperature

When every I chose Picky mode, I have an issue with temperature spicily negative
-22 °F (-30 °C) what do I need to do to make this right, it always corrects it discarding the (-) temperature
-22 °F (-5.56 °C) the tools is not seeing the (-) temperature

1 Like

− is a minus sign
˗ is a modifier letter minus sign
− is a hyphen
‑ is a non-breaking hyphen

Try copying and pasting my 4 symbols above and see what changes between each other.

I did, and I got the same result, what I need is the negative sign
−22 °F (-30 °C) minus sign
−22 °F (-30 °C) hyphen
‑22 °F (-30 °C) non-breaking hyphen

‑22 °F (-5.56 °C) -22 F does not equal -5.5 C
I copied and pasted your samples, this is in Firefox browser.

1 Like

Disabling Picky mode prevents the detection, but I’m not understanding what it’s wrong, I see LanguageTool shows the correction.

By what I remember from school, some digits are omitted for rounding, 5.5 stands for 5.56, it’s just less accurate, 5.56 is for those cases in which you are requested more accuracy.

I did a search both on my characters software and on the internet and found that negative sign doesn’t exist, it’s minus sign, just search negative sign and you’ll see it.

I need the picky mode to correct errors with grammar and math, (-) the negative marker is critical
-22 °F does not equal -5.555555556 °C it equals -30 °C on the other hand +22 °F equals (-5.56 °C)
Disabling the PICKY mode is not an option. I need those corrections specifically!

1 Like

I think, I need LT support to help with this issue.

1 Like

Yes, probably it’s a missing rule. You can request help by mail with open-source@deepl.com for any question and with support@languagetoolplus.com if you are a premium customer or create a new issue report on LanguageTool GitHub page. If you don’t have a GitHub account I can create the issue report for you so you don’t have to create an account just for 1 use.

Thank you so much, I did raise a ticket with support!

1 Like

We think the issue has been fixed, and the fix should go live in a few days.

1 Like

The fix is now live.

1 Like